Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Restaurants charging more on Seamless
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/21 2:00
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Lima17 wrote:
Quote:

The restaurants are contractually required to offer the same prices as they provide on their printed delivery menus. In fact, many restaurants actually offer you 20% off your first order from them on Seamless, meaning ordering through Seamless is often less expensive than ordering over the phone. If for any reason you believe the prices you see on Seamless are not consistent, please notify us at care@seamless.com and we?ll reach out to the restaurant to make it right.

I had this happen to me. When I complained to Seamless about it, they apologized, and gave me a nice coupon. I would encourage those that have seen price differences, to do the same.

I'm a little surprised and it's the first I'm hearing about this rule. I've dealt with Seamless (as a restaurant) off and on for a number of years. No one ever told us we couldn't charge more than what we normally charge, though I never worked for a place that did.

I don't understand why restaurants use Seamless though. I read the article in the other post and there are plenty of alternatives. In Manhattan (and Jersey City), there's delivery.com among others. Other companies are making inroads. And jeez, you can almost always call the restaurant directly. Seamless requires you to buy a dedicated computer and printer in addition to their exorbitant fees. In the past, they didn't used to pay the restaurant until 60 days after the sale. I suppose there were a lot of gripes and they changed their policy to 30 days. In my personal dealings with them (from the perspective of a restaurant), I found them bureaucratic and a hassle to deal.

Posted on: 2013/8/9 15:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/5/17 15:38
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
http://wny.cc/17bV7p6

Interesting piece about Seamless and their fees on WNYC this morning.

Posted on: 2013/8/9 15:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

downtown wrote:
I understand that they are charged a fee, but if restaurants don't want to pay it or don't have the budget it for it, then don't be a part of Seamless. I would think that the visibility Seamless provides would bring in more new customers to justify the fees. And, according to Seamless, they are contractually required to charge the same as their printed menu.

From Seamless.com
What is the fee for using Seamless?

There is absolutely no fee for using Seamless.

How is the menu pricing determined?

The restaurants are contractually required to offer the same prices as they provide on their printed delivery menus. In fact, many restaurants actually offer you 20% off your first order from them on Seamless, meaning ordering through Seamless is often less expensive than ordering over the phone. If for any reason you believe the prices you see on Seamless are not consistent, please notify us at care@seamless.com and we?ll reach out to the restaurant to make it right.

I had this happen to me. When I complained to Seamless about it, they apologized, and gave me a nice coupon. I would encourage those that have seen price differences, to do the same.

Posted on: 2013/8/9 14:37

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/13 1:49
Group:
Registered Users
I understand that they are charged a fee, but if restaurants don't want to pay it or don't have the budget it for it, then don't be a part of Seamless. I would think that the visibility Seamless provides would bring in more new customers to justify the fees. And, according to Seamless, they are contractually required to charge the same as their printed menu.

From Seamless.com
What is the fee for using Seamless?

There is absolutely no fee for using Seamless.

How is the menu pricing determined?

Posted on: 2013/8/9 14:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/21 20:09
Group:
Registered Users
I asked a restaurant owner friend why he wasn't on seamless. He asked me if I had any idea about fees.. I thought, 10%? I don't remember the actual answer but they were very substantial, something like 20-30% or perhaps more!

Posted on: 2013/8/9 0:14

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Lesson learned. The convenience of Seamless does not justify paying $16 for a pizza when I can call and get it for $11. I might pay an extra dollar, but $5 is egregious.

Posted on: 2013/8/7 20:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/21 2:00
Group:
Registered Users
Seamless charges the restaurant a very high fee, much more so than delivery.com or other such delivery places. So yes, some restaurants have "special" menus for seamless. I have to think the vast majority do not change their price because it is bad business, but I can only speak about where I have worked.

Actually, it generally works the other way; delivery is generally cheaper for the restaurant because it costs the restaurant less than having you eat there. In any event, it's always best to deal with the restaurant directly if possible and cut out the middle man.

Posted on: 2013/8/7 19:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/4 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

7thstreeter wrote:
We ordered food one night from Sava Polish and they were running a 10% off campaign. After the order was placed, the owner called us and told us that since we were getting 10% off we could not get the sides with our entrees!

We enjoyed the meal regardless and continue to use Seamless but are reluctant to do Sava again.

Why bother offering 10% off then? Surely not worth it if they've lost a customer.

Posted on: 2013/8/7 18:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
They do it because seamless charges them. Just one of the reasons I always call in my order - I'm cheap enough to save myself the dollar or three to talk to someone. It also benefits the restaurants that don't raise prices, as they'd be losing a buck on your seamless order vs your called in order.

Posted on: 2013/8/7 18:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/14 15:34
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Seamless is the best way to order food end of sentence. As for jacking up prices I could care less. It's not like seamless doesn't tell me how much they are charging, it's up to me to determine if I want to spend that much.

Posted on: 2013/8/7 18:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/26 14:52
Group:
Registered Users
We ordered food one night from Sava Polish and they were running a 10% off campaign. After the order was placed, the owner called us and told us that since we were getting 10% off we could not get the sides with our entrees!

We enjoyed the meal regardless and continue to use Seamless but are reluctant to do Sava again.

Posted on: 2013/8/7 17:53

Restaurants charging more on Seamless
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Has anyone come across any JC restaurants increasing their menu prices on Seamless vs. their printed menus? I feel like an idiot that I'm just noticing that Delenio's increases it's prices on Seamless by sometimes up to 47%. I've been a loyal customer since they opened and feel stupid that I didn't notice the uptick in prices starting in 2013. I get that Seamless charges restaurants a fee, but from the below article, I was under the impression that they weren't supposed to pass that on to the customers. At the very least, it would have been a better business practice to disclose it to their customers.

I guess my love affair with Seamless has come to an end.

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/articl ... hub-sued-over-menu-prices

Posted on: 2013/8/7 17:49

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017