Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
172 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 172

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

Re: Massive emergency response to Jersey City house that stinks in BeLa, neighbors say
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Hoarders are everywhere - I don't believe for one instance, that these types of people do what they do for spite or social revenge - I believe their cognitive skills are flawed in some way (mental health disorder) and oblivious to any smell or disorder around them.

This news article (why it was news worthy I don't know) clearly highlights how to demonize someone with an illness.

It would have been interesting to know what the circumstances are that resulted in their foreclosure. Unfortunately our social services might make a token effort to support them, but I can see them first living in some emergency accommodation, then their car and finally in a park or under a bridge. This city desperately needs low income housing for those that fall through the cracks - At one stage they did afford a house, get bank loans and live comfortably ..... what happen?

These poor people have had the same news coverage associated to a crack-house investigation or terrorist suspect - its a shame.

Posted on: 2013/6/7 0:34
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Re: Massive emergency response to Jersey City house that stinks in BeLa, neighbors say
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
10/3 17:45
Group:
Registered Users
I had a hoarder next door to me until early this year. The landlord every two years would rent a 30 yard dumpster from the Incinerator Authority and empty the place out. He filled the dumpster to the rim each time.

Her and her husband had a pitbull (which destroyed a number of screens on my place trying to eat my tenant's cat) as well as 20+ cats. Some of the cats would get exiled because they fought with the other cats. Eventually they ended up dead in the backyard or out in the street. One of them got lucky... I liked the cat and it is now a pet (looks a hell of a lot better after getting de-wormed and bathed).

The new owners gutted the place out.. the block smelled like cat-piss as fumes emanated from the dumpster out front.

Posted on: 2013/6/6 23:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
What is sad is that they obviously have some sort of mental health behavioral problem; hoarding etc.
I hope, they get support and assistance instead of persecution.
Its people like this that could end up being our homeless. If their house is condemned, they can't afford or know how to clean up their home or struggle to mentally deal with parting from anything in their home they will spiral into homelessness.
Their anxiety level will sky-rocket as they have their home tipped upside-down and pets (family) removed by strangers - Hopefully a councellor / mental health practitioner will be sent to help them.

Posted on: 2013/6/6 23:37
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
7/1 0:32
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

That house is nice I guess no one could tell what was going on inside from looking at the outside of it.

Posted on: 2013/6/6 22:05

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/6 21:33
Group:
Banned
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
3 people, numerous pets removed from feces-infested Jersey City home: officials

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... pets_re.html#incart_river

Saw the pics in the attached link... that is probably the nicest paved street in JC.

Posted on: 2013/6/6 21:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:

Wow now that is DISGUSTING!

Posted on: 2013/6/6 21:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/6/6 21:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Any info on what happened?

Posted on: 2013/6/6 21:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
user1111 wrote: Quote:
HA! I honestly think they are dead and being ate up by all those pets.

Yeah if they are dead those 90+ degree days must have did it last week. They must have been ok for a while because the Meals on Wheels guy just reported the situation. You would have thought someone would have done it sooner.

I remember they found a dead guy in a house down in Marion. He was dead for many many years. No one was looking for him so he just sat there dead. The house was one of those houses that are behind houses. More of a large shack then a house I guess.

Posted on: 2013/6/6 20:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
is this a case where the woman is so fat they have to cut out a wall because she can't fit through a doorway?

HA! I honestly think they are dead and being ate up by all those pets.

Posted on: 2013/6/6 18:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
10/3 17:45
Group:
Registered Users
is this a case where the woman is so fat they have to cut out a wall because she can't fit through a doorway?

Posted on: 2013/6/6 18:41

Massive emergency response to Jersey City house that stinks in BeLa, neighbors say
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Ken Thorbourne/The Jersey Journal

Police, emergency crews, and firefighters have descended on a house at 218 Arlington Ave. in Jersey City that neighbors are saying stinks to high heavens.

A hazardous-materials team can be seen going in and out the house.

Neighbors tell The Jersey Journal that dozens of cats roam the house, as well as dogs, and they have rarely seen a man who lives there, and haven't seen a woman who lives in the building for years.

A neighbor who has spoken to emergency responders at the scene said workers there are trying to get the woman out the house.

This neighbor said there are at least 10 police cars at the house, an ambulance, and two or three fire trucks.

The neighbor said she believed the occupants of the house were brother and sister, adding that the pair have lived at the house for several years.

Now that the doors to the house are open, a foul smell has permeated the street, neighbors said.

"It smells like garbage that has been sitting there for years," said a neighbor.

Linda Johnson, who lives next door at 216 Arlington, said she never opens her windows on the side of her house next to where the man and woman live because of the stench coming from the house.

"Its damn near 30 cats (that they have), you can see them by the window," said Johnson. "I've haven't seen neither one of these people in a while. They don't come outside. I thought the lady might have been dead."

Johnson said she believe a Meals-on-Wheels employee alerted authorities about the situation at the house.

City officials did not immediately provide information about the situation.

Posted on: 2013/6/6 18:15

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017