Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
80 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 80

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bayonne resident beaten and robbed by 3 men on JC street
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Institute MANDATORY life sentences for those committing violent crimes. Just lock them away and hat will solve the problem..or better yet, deal with it Saudi style.

I am sick and tired of hearing we should show leniency (ie tolerance, understanding) for violent felons.

Posted on: 2013/1/17 3:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
I think it?s great that the JJ is finally starting to publish more JC crime items. Like someone said there are over 600+ crimes reported to the JCPD a month. Only a very few make it to any newspaper.

I do it for a few reasons?

1- To show how bad of a crime problem we have in JC.(I post it here for free because I know you cheap newcomers would never cough up the measly 75 bits a day for a copy of the JJ)

2- Maybe by spreading the word how bad crime really is in JC..SOMEONE WILL FINALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Maybe someone running for re-election or election to a certain office.

3- As a warning to where to watch your back in JC. This one wasn?t in a bad section of JC. It was between the Blvd and Westside Ave. over by Danforth.

Why sweep it under a rug like they do with crime in the burbs.

I agree with posting the crimes for the reasons you stated but I don't think JC as whole has that "bad of a crime problem" considering its size. While "The Hill"(Greenville) So by NJ standards JC is pretty safe. Doesn't mean we shouldn't strive for an even safer city I just feel like now a days people make JC seem like crime is still completely out of control. In the 90's we probably had double the crime and ironically we get more crimes reported in the JJ now then before giving a perception crime is getting worst when it is only being reported more.

"The Hill" & Greenville are two separate areas FYI. My only problem with Jersey Journal is they love to target GV. Jersey Journal has been in bed with DTJC developers for years and they want people to fear GV and BL so the newbies would keep buying downtown.

I work in Manhattan in one of the most sleaziest part of town, and there is a shooting, stabbing, mugging, cell phone snatching.. happening every night sometimes 4 x in a single night, but for some reason it never makes it into the NYC (New York Post, New York Daily News) newspapers hmmmm I wonder why? we all know why.. we don't want to scare people from investing in Manhattan, that's why.
Did you think I meant Bergen Hill? THE Hill and Bergen Hill are two different places, when ever The Hill is mentioned BH is never considered. Just how if I mentioned The Square it would be understood I meant JSQ and not Mcginley Square.

As for the Jersey Journal I knew of plenty of shootings and violent crimes through out the city over the years that never make the paper in all neighborhoods and Downtown and The Heights had a higher percentage of them being reported in the paper then other neighborhoods did.

Posted on: 2013/1/17 2:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
@JerseyCityNj? I know I am a dreamer but I want my JC to be what it once was. There was a time not to long ago when you could walk from JSq to say Country Village along Westside Ave or the Blvd. after midnight with a load on and not worry about getting killed. The only thing you had to worry about was finding a place to pee (sorry to all of the bushes, I was young) on your journey and not getting picked up by the cops. Cops were tougher on people back then, we need that again. Back in the day thugs from Newark knew not to venture into JC because they knew the JC cops would give them a beating?err I mean a tough time.

I hate when we are on the same list with the 8 most violent/bloodiest cities of NJ.
In this SL piece we are right up there in the list of the nine most violent/bloodiest cities: Newark, Camden, Paterson, Jersey City, Elizabeth, Atlantic City, Irvington, Plainfield and Orange.
Staggering amount of nonfatal N.J. shootings go unsolved, statistics show
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012 ... html#incart_river_default

This is the NJSP UCR web site. Pretty interesting. I guess city-data gets some of it?s data from it.

http://www.njsp.org/info/stats.html

If you click say 2011 Uniform Crime Report it will bring you to another menu with a list of topics.

Section VI ? Crime in the Cities is interesting JC is tagged as one of the Urban 15 charted at the end of the report that they track.

Section VII ? NJ Municipal ? County Offenses & Demographic Data is also good break outs by county and city.

I always liked how JC was split up in equal slices of Black, Hispanic, White, and Asian. The JC public school I went to was just like it. Everyone got along no problems no fights.

? Hispanic - 68,256 (27.6%)
? Black alone - 59,060 (23.9%)
? Asian alone - 58,106 (23.5%)
? White alone - 53,236 (21.5%)
? Two or more races - 5,835 (2.4%)
? Other race alone - 2,423 (1.0%)
? American Indian alone - 586 (0.2%)
? Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 95 (0.04%)

This is Newark?s pie.
?
?
Black alone - 138,074 (49.8%)
? Hispanic - 93,746 (33.8%)
? White alone - 32,122 (11.6%)
? Asian alone - 4,318 (1.6%)
? Two or more races - 4,200 (1.5%)
? Other race alone - 3,899 (1.4%)
? American Indian alone - 713 (0.3%)
? Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 68 (0.02%)

@borgat ....I will officially take you off of my cheap newcomer list. Nothing like waking up and having that freshly delivered JJ at your front door to go with a nice hot cup of joe. (lol)

@user111... I think the JJ has gotten a little better in reporting on crime all over JC. I still think they should report on more of the 600+ crimes reported to the JCPD every month instead of the one or two a week that appear in the JJ. Yes if you look at the JCPD compstat reports crime is all over JC, a little less in DTJC. It?s the randomness of the crime that is scary. It could happen any place any time in JC.

Posted on: 2013/1/17 2:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
I think it?s great that the JJ is finally starting to publish more JC crime items. Like someone said there are over 600+ crimes reported to the JCPD a month. Only a very few make it to any newspaper.

1- To show how bad of a crime problem we have in JC.(I post it here for free because I know you cheap newcomers would never cough up the measly 75 bits a day for a copy of the JJ)

2- Maybe by spreading the word how bad crime really is in JC..SOMEONE WILL FINALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Maybe someone running for re-election or election to a certain office.

3- As a warning to where to watch your back in JC. This one wasn?t in a bad section of JC. It was between the Blvd and Westside Ave. over by Danforth.

I agree with posting the crimes for the reasons you stated but I don't think JC as whole has that "bad of a crime problem" considering its size. While "The Hill"(Greenville) So by NJ standards JC is pretty safe. Doesn't mean we shouldn't strive for an even safer city I just feel like now a days people make JC seem like crime is still completely out of control. In the 90's we probably had double the crime and ironically we get more crimes reported in the JJ now then before giving a perception crime is getting worst when it is only being reported more.

"The Hill" & Greenville are two separate areas FYI. My only problem with Jersey Journal is they love to target GV. Jersey Journal has been in bed with DTJC developers for years and they want people to fear GV and BL so the newbies would keep buying downtown.

I work in Manhattan in one of the most sleaziest part of town, and there is a shooting, stabbing, mugging, cell phone snatching.. happening every night sometimes 4 x in a single night, but for some reason it never makes it into the NYC (New York Post, New York Daily News) newspapers hmmmm I wonder why? we all know why.. we don't want to scare people from investing in Manhattan, that's why.

Posted on: 2013/1/17 1:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/3 3:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:

Buy the JJ..a good newspaper

Just subscribed.

Posted on: 2013/1/17 0:20
I live by the river.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/3 3:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:

So by NJ standards JC is pretty safe.

We should aspire to something more than being OK compared to the most dangerous cities in the country.

Posted on: 2013/1/17 0:18
I live by the river.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:

I agree with posting the crimes for the reasons you stated but I don't think JC as whole has that "bad of a crime problem" considering its size. While "The Hill"(Greenville) and certain pockets are up their in crime the average JC resident is a lot safer then most NJ cities. Just check the statistics on city-data.com.

Camden, Trenton, Newark, Atlantic City, Elizabeth, Paterson, Plainfield, Irvington, Bridgeton, Asbury Park etc. Every one of those cities are way more violent and plagued with crime, a few on a national level. So by NJ standards JC is pretty safe. Doesn't mean we shouldn't strive for an even safer city I just feel like now a days people make JC seem like crime is still completely out of control. In the 90's we probably had double the crime and ironically we get more crimes reported in the JJ now then before giving a perception crime is getting worst when it is only being reported more.

Posted on: 2013/1/17 0:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/1/16 1:41

Edited by neverleft on 2013/1/16 2:00:44

Bayonne resident beaten and robbed by 3 men on JC street
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Bayonne resident beaten and robbed by 3 men on Jersey City street: cops

By Anthony J. Machcinski/The Jersey Journal
on January 15, 2013 at 5:01 PM,
updated January 15, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Jersey City police are searching for three men who mugged a Bayonne resident last night.

Police say the victim, 39, was walking near the intersection of Cator and Fowler avenues in Jersey City around 9:52 p.m. The man told police that as he passed a group of three men, he was struck from behind.

The man said he was hit from behind with an unknown object and lost consciousness after falling to the ground, police said.

Full JJ ?piece?

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _of_str.html#incart_river

Buy the JJ..a good newspaper

Posted on: 2013/1/15 23:15

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact