Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
201 user(s) are online (189 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 201

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Parking Authority vs. Motor Vehicle
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/3 2:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Maybe instead of peeling off the sticker you could put it in the front windshield with tape so that it can be easily removed?

I've also seen someone in my neighborhood who has his/her sticker attached to the windshield with a clip and a suction cup.

Posted on: 2008/7/19 2:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/15 1:20
Group:
Registered Users
I'm really amazed that this has piqued no interest, since there are plenty of vehicles that have JCPA stickers on windshields and which will subsequently have trouble passing their next state inspection at a (relatively) local inspection station.

In any event, I resolved my issue.

Posted on: 2008/7/18 23:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I should have added to the original post that I haven't yet addressed this with the JCPA.

As you know, anything out the of the norm with them requires an in-person visit if you want any sort of results (and even that's a stretch), and it also requires about 30-minutes of breathing exercises beforehand to keep you calm in the face of incompetence.

Posted on: 2008/7/17 14:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
5/15 1:51
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

djh101 wrote:
Any thoughts?

Yes. Like every other agency of this city, the parking authority is incompetent, so obviously they didn't think through the permit situation.

Posted on: 2008/7/17 14:39

Parking Authority vs. Motor Vehicle
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I was at the Secaucus inspection lanes this morning. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I wondered why this issue never came to bear, and indeed it finally has???

According to the NJ Motor Vehicle Commission, one?s windshield is to be free and clear of everything, with the exception of the inspection sticker. Yes, they still overlook PBA placards and official things like that, but they?re now cracking down on the JCPA parking stickers (and Hoboken?s and others).

As you know, if one has slightly darker rear windows (not tinted, which are illegal), the folks on Central Avenue tell you not to place the sticker in the back, but rather on the windshield above the inspection sticker.

Motor Vehicle is now knocking people down on inspection for having the parking sticker on the windshield (which, quite frankly, is legitimate). Ideally, I suppose you could take the sticker off before hitting the inspection lanes and then put it right back on after you pass, but those stickers don?t come off neatly (and rarely in one piece), and they also don?t re-stick very well.

If indeed you do take the sticker off before hitting the inspection lanes (rendering it unusable in the process), you will inevitably get humped another $15.00 by the JCPA for a new one, which is bullsh*t.

And in truth, you?re breaking the law by continuing to put the sticker back on the windshield --- and conceivably could be cited for it (if stopped for another violation or if perhaps passing through a small municipality, where they have nothing better to do than to enforce such things).

One of the inspection folks mentioned it to me just as I entered the lanes, so I ducked out with sticker unscathed ---- but I still ultimately need an inspection! I figured I better have a plan in place first before I head back.

I?m sure there are several who will soon be in this position too ---- and it inevitably is a procedural problem that needs to be remedied by JCPA and other municipalities? parking authorities.

Any thoughts?

Posted on: 2008/7/17 14:31

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017