Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
127 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 127

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: more condos: 39 Duncan = The Brevard

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/10/22 22:01
Group:
Registered Users
gobo Re: the brevard condo #15
Not too shy to talk

Quote:

reg_v wrote:
which street did you move?

i noticed that half part of fairmont avenue is kinda shady...just my opinion...

Fairmount.... It is shady looking- We'll see if I survive

Posted on: 2007/10/22 22:03

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/10/22 0:54
Group:
Registered Users
they're probably going back to rental becasue they couldn't sell at those crazy prices, they were totally overpriced for that neighborhood! i know its changing and all ... but really. i looked at a few at 340 fairmount this past weekend , i think those are a much better value ... anyone else seen them?

Posted on: 2007/10/22 1:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/4 19:36
From McGinley Square / Lincoln Park
Group:
Registered Users
One of my neighbors told me yesterday that the Brevard condo project has been scrapped (or indefinitely delayed?) and 39 Duncan will remain rentals, although slightly nicer ones since the building has been at least partially renovated. But http://www.libertyrealestate.com and http://www.thebrevardnj.com both still show listings for it as a condo building. Anyone know the story here?

Posted on: 2007/10/8 18:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Xerxes wrote:
My standard has always been what is the situation walking home from Journal Square at 1 AM perhaps a little bit tipsy.

I've done it many times the last 5 years, and there's always a cab if you don't feel like it. I've read a handful of reports over the years of people getting mugged walking home from the JSQ PATH, and it always happens on a side street pretty close to the Square, like maybe Vroom or Van Reypen. A mugger is not going to follow someone all the way down JFK or Bergen to Duncan, which is also a wide, decently-lit Avenue. It's safe.

Posted on: 2007/9/5 22:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
I've thought about that neighborhood many times over the last 30 years.
I have always judged it unsafe and that was a reason that I moved from the HEIGHTS to Newport when it was built.

My standard has always been what is the situation walking home from Journal Square at 1 AM perhaps a little bit tipsy.

Maybe it's changed...maybe not.

Posted on: 2007/9/5 21:17

Re: the brevard condo
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/29 20:47
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

reg_v wrote:

Fairmount.... It is shady looking- We'll see if I survive

Posted on: 2007/9/1 1:39

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Actually, the brevard has their own parking lot behind the building, which is a huge advantage that all the others on the block don't have

Posted on: 2007/8/29 3:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
I had lunch at Pho Thang Long Vietnamese Restaurant today. I had the grilled chicken on rice. Delicious.

After lunch, I walked up Duncan Avenue to see what this building looked like. It doesn't look as nice as the pre-war building next door. But I like the big front yard. It is set back from the street which is nice. The block seems nice in the daytime. There were some parking spaces on the street. I don't know what it looks like at night.

Posted on: 2007/8/29 2:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If you buy in 39 Duncan, you can add a parking space for $10k. I suspect the parking spots will sell out a lot faster than the apartments. Parking is tight in this neighborhood, but far from impossible. There are some lots, but can they be out of the way depending on which block you buy on. The current proposal for the empty lots on the corner of Fairview and Bergen, next to the Basilico condos, is a tall apartment building with a large automated parking garage making up the first few floors. But it will take a few years before it's completed, assuming it even gets approved by the city.

Quote:

reg_v wrote:
i am actually thinking of purchasing one. how is the parking around the area? is it hard to park around the area? any parking lots for rent? is it okay to walk there at night?
please help. i want info from people who actually live around the area.

thanks

Posted on: 2007/8/28 14:21

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/8/25 17:43
Group:
Registered Users
I live one block over and I have never had a problem walking at night. (I'm a woman, if that's relevant to you.) I think McGinley is changing rapidly and it's kind of an exciting up and coming area. I guess you can tell my the number of posts that have popped up recently.

There are many condo projects, including two on the upper half of Fairmount that you should consider too (older buildings with some really nice details and decent space). It's true, the lower half of Fairmount often has people hanging outside - I walk up and down that block often and haven't had a problem.

It looks like they have also just started construction on the old parking ticket building between Montgomery and Fairmount too. It's supposed to be condos and retail space I believe.

Posted on: 2007/8/28 2:20

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/9/16 6:09
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2007/8/28 1:55

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/29 20:47
Group:
Registered Users
If you look under the thread Mcginley square - it should give you an idea.

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... id=120074#forumpost120074

I just moved into that neighborhood today haha... I'll be the guinea pig and let you know.

Posted on: 2007/8/28 1:22

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
i am actually thinking of purchasing one. how is the parking around the area? is it hard to park around the area? any parking lots for rent? is it okay to walk there at night?
please help. i want info from people who actually live around the area.

thanks

Posted on: 2007/8/28 1:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
So you've posted 3 messages on this board, and they're all over-hyping the Brevard. You pretty clearly seem to be connected to the developer/broker. I live on the block, and want the building to do well, but this sort of shilling does not help.

Quote:

lips wrote:
honestly, coming from NYC where i own a condo worth $2m. i think these condos are top quality investment. when visiting duncan av today you feel like you really cant believe what jersey city turned into. i would definitel purchase 2 condos at the brevard, one as investment, and one for my daughter who graduated college a year ago, and is now working in downtown manhattan. its a very safe area the residents tell me. as a business professional, and bit of experience in the real estate market, i think the value of these condos will double within a few years. the prices are quite low. and my gut feeling is, that they will up their prices shortly as they see the units getting sold so quickly before even tottally on the market.

Posted on: 2007/8/27 16:04

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
honestly, coming from NYC where i own a condo worth $2m. i think these condos are top quality investment. when visiting duncan av today you feel like you really cant believe what jersey city turned into. i would definitel purchase 2 condos at the brevard, one as investment, and one for my daughter who graduated college a year ago, and is now working in downtown manhattan. its a very safe area the residents tell me. as a business professional, and bit of experience in the real estate market, i think the value of these condos will double within a few years. the prices are quite low. and my gut feeling is, that they will up their prices shortly as they see the units getting sold so quickly before even tottally on the market.

Posted on: 2007/8/22 21:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I previously posted here:

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... 70&forum=8&post_id=120337

Apartments look small, but are priced accordingly. This is perhaps the only non-pre War apartment building on the block, so it won't have the same nice historic features (high ceilings, marble lobbys, etc.) as buildings like 47 or 53 Duncan. It's a good block, and it seems the few bad elements -- people drinking beers on the sidewalk, playing loud music, shooting off fireworks on the 4th, etc, but nothing serious -- are all renters in 39 right now. So unless they buy into the condo, the block should be getting even nicer.

Posted on: 2007/8/20 15:42

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
www.thebrevardnj.com

thats the website

Posted on: 2007/8/19 23:38

the brevard condo

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
any insights on the brevard condos between duncan and kennedy blvd?

Posted on: 2007/8/16 22:49

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/7 19:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cyclotronic wrote:
Looks like the rumors are true. Everyone's least favorite building on the block (Duncan between Bergen and JFK) is most definitely going condo. There's a huge Liberty Reality sign out front declaring it "The Brevard". The property's never been well maintained, especially compared to the nicer pre-war buildings nearby (47, 53, and 61 Duncan) so this is a very good thing. But the apartments look small and I think it's priced higher than the very well-renovated Basilico around the corner. I hope they get buyers. There's a lot of inventory coming on-line in this town.

The pics of the sample apartment aren't so hot, but is that first picture a rendering of new landscaping out front which is to come later?

http://www.libertyrealestate.com/publ ... ?listing.listingID=626344

This is good news.

Posted on: 2007/8/11 19:52

more condos: 39 Duncan = The Brevard
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Looks like the rumors are true. Everyone's least favorite building on the block (Duncan between Bergen and JFK) is most definitely going condo. There's a huge Liberty Reality sign out front declaring it "The Brevard". The property's never been well maintained, especially compared to the nicer pre-war buildings nearby (47, 53, and 61 Duncan) so this is a very good thing. But the apartments look small and I think it's priced higher than the very well-renovated Basilico around the corner. I hope they get buyers. There's a lot of inventory coming on-line in this town.

The pics of the sample apartment aren't so hot, but is that first picture a rendering of new landscaping out front which is to come later?

http://www.libertyrealestate.com/publ ... ?listing.listingID=626344

Posted on: 2007/8/11 18:26

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017