Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
152 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 152

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Police are tough on their own: Eight charged in past seven months
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/1 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
this is a shame, but it's the same crap everywhere.

my old town in the 'burbs was the same way. most cops are misfits or ex-misfits, that's all there is to it.

when i think about the people, for example, I went to high school with that I know became cops later in life, they were all in that misfit category. in other words, there were no kids who got really good grades, were well mannered, and kept their noses clean that went on to patrol the streets, so to speak.

in most towns, if you can pass the physical, you're in, and the physical is a joke at that. a family member of mine worked as a cop for 2 years before he even went to the academy.

stories like these are unfortunate, but completely expected.

Posted on: 2007/5/17 13:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/23 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Ai, ai, ai at least they got busted. I wonder what the requirements and salary are for a cop starting out in JC. Not enough, I suspect.

Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Drinking while in a police vehicle and on duty and busting your girlfriend's jaw - fcuking hopeless. JCPD would be the last place a prospective cop would like to join.
Catching dumb-ass cops after the criminal event is a good thing, but it would nice to weed them out before they are given a badge, a gun and authority over us, would be a better thing.

Posted on: 2007/5/17 3:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Drinking while in a police vehicle and on duty and busting your girlfriend's jaw - fcuking hopeless. JCPD would be the last place a prospective cop would like to join.
Catching dumb-ass cops after the criminal event is a good thing, but it would nice to weed them out before they are given a badge, a gun and authority over us, would be a better thing.

Posted on: 2007/5/16 15:41
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Police are tough on their own: Eight charged in past seven months
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Police are tough on their own: Eight charged in past seven months

Wednesday, May 16, 2007
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

In the past seven months eight Jersey City police officers have been charged with various offenses, some of them criminal.

Police Chief Tom Comey characterized the incidents as examples of an aggressive Internal Affairs unit.

"We are acting prudently to clean our own house," Comey said yesterday. "Every allegation of misconduct or unacceptable behavior is vigorously responded to and appropriate action is taken."

Jersey City spokesman Stan H. Eason said the types of behavior officers have been cited for are not limited to law enforcement or any particular profession.

Domestic violence "happens far too often and in various walks of life," Eason said. "You also see many incidents of bad judgment being used when it comes to alcohol, which again is not limited to law enforcement."

Over the same period a Jersey City firefighter and a fire captain have been charged with criminal offenses as well.

=======================================

Girlfriend's jaw busted cop charged
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A Jersey City police officer who allegedly broke his girlfriend's jaw when he slugged her during a drunken argument was suspended without pay yesterday, officials said.

Officer Sherwin Jones, 37, of Jersey City, surrendered yesterday morning at the South District Police Station, where he worked, after being charged with simple assault, Jersey City spokesman Stan H. Eason said.

The charge stems from an early morning incident in which the 31-year-old woman said he punched her in the face during a heated argument following a night of drinking at local clubs, Eason said.

Jones, an officer for just over a year, has been suspended pending resolution of the charges, Eason said.

The victim called police after Jones punched her and the department's Internal Affairs bureau took up the investigation that led to Jones' arrest, Eason said.

======================================

BLUE STREAK
Decorated officer caught drinking on job, cops say

Wednesday, May 16, 2007
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A highly decorated Jersey City police officer was found drinking a beer in his marked patrol car yesterday afternoon and was issued a summons and allowed to go on paid leave, officials said.

Charles Casserly, 53, was found drinking while on duty early yesterday afternoon by Internal Affairs officers who got a tip, said city spokesman Stan H. Eason.

The 28-year veteran of the department was issued a summons for driving with an open alcoholic beverage and taken off duty, Eason said.

Police said they do not think Casserly was drunk at the time he was found with the beer. Officers requested a blood sample and are awaiting the results, Eason said.

Casserly received the Valor Award, the highest honor bestowed by the Police Department, after being shot multiple times while stopping bank robbers in the 1980s, Eason said.

Eason said the South District officer was allowed to go on personal leave pending the outcome of the probe and he will continue to collect his pay. Eason said he was allowed to go on leave due to the nature of the offense, which is not criminal.

Posted on: 2007/5/16 12:24

Edited by GrovePath on 2007/5/16 12:45:18

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017