Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
45 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 45

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City to become First in the State to Require Illuminated, Identifiable Signage for all Ridesh
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
I have had strangers at night walk up to my SUV and knock on the window to ask if I was their ride and they would have got in if I said yes. It was actually quite startling... I am sure it has happened to other drivers.

and yet your first instinct was not to stab them to death. this crime is so mind-boggling. did he premeditate this somehow? or was it really the random chance of her accidentally jumping into the car of a psychopath?

Posted on: 2019/4/8 21:19

Re: Jersey City to become First in the State to Require Illuminated, Identifiable Signage for all Ridesh
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/12 20:58
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
"Mike?" "Yeah" -- and that's how it happens.

And that's why Uber/Lyft give you make, model and license plate number.

Posted on: 2019/4/8 18:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Frinjc wrote:
Uber and Lyft already provide the license plate # so it is the responsibility of the person who order a ride to check she/he got into the right car.

Not just that: they provide plate number, the car's brand, model, and color, and a stock picture of the vehicle! And, they also provide a picture of the driver, and their name.

No amount of legislating will effectively counterbalance people's willingness to suspend common sense and total dereliction of self-preservation.

THANK YOU! I was waiting for a while at the Hoboken PATH the other night watching the amazing amount of Ubers/Lyfts picking people up. Folks were definitely looking at their phones trying to find their ride, but few checked the license plate. The one exception was a big burly dad with his kids in tow who walked to the front of the car and made sure he was getting into the right ride.

Posted on: 2019/4/6 14:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
I have not been digging into the details of the poor young woman murdered in SC... but I am wondering if this was a planned setup for robbery/murder.... or just a crime of opportunity for the killer.

I have had strangers at night walk up to my SUV and knock on the window to ask if I was their ride and they would have got in if I said yes. It was actually quite startling... I am sure it has happened to other drivers.

Posted on: 2019/4/6 11:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frinjc wrote:
Uber and Lyft already provide the license plate # so it is the responsibility of the person who order a ride to check she/he got into the right car.

Not just that: they provide plate number, the car's brand, model, and color, and a stock picture of the vehicle! And, they also provide a picture of the driver, and their name.

No amount of legislating will effectively counterbalance people's willingness to suspend common sense and total dereliction of self-preservation.

Posted on: 2019/4/6 2:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2019/4/5 23:42

Jersey City to become First in the State to Require Illuminated, Identifiable Signage for all Ridesh
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Jersey City to become First in the State to Require Illuminated, Identifiable Signage for all Rideshare Vehicles

Posted on: 2019/4/5 21:48

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017