Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
136 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 136

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Philadelphia Inquirer: Toll Bros. reports increase in new-home sales: JC shows signs of recovery.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/6 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
It's exactly this kind of info that leads my landlord to believe that he can easily sell his condo. But the situation with our landlord is very aggravating because he would not let us out of our lease but now we could be kicked out of the apt any time. Our landlord has tried to re-assure us that this is not the case though our lease says otherwise. Landlord stated this was "lease language" leading me to believe that the 0's after the first 2 digits in the monthly amount may also be "lease language."

I tried briefly to sell mine in Hoboken, to get only 1 lowball offer (which I called the lowballers bluff on by saying the offer would be accepted if it was cash ). Rented same apt out in 48 hours .

Posted on: 2009/8/13 17:00

Philadelphia Inquirer: Toll Bros. reports increase in new-home sales: JC shows signs of recovery.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Toll Bros. reports increase in new-home sales

By Christopher K. Hepp
Philadelphia Inquirer

For the first time in four years, Toll Bros. Inc. yesterday reported a year-over-year increase in the number of new-home contracts.

The increase in the third fiscal quarter was modest - 3 percent - but enough to boost the Horsham-based luxury-home builder's stock by about 14 percent. Shares closed yesterday at $23.42, up $2.94. The stock is up 9.3 percent this year.

The third-quarter gain was a dramatic 44 percent jump over the number of signed contracts in the second quarter.

In all, the company signed contracts for 837 units valued at $447.7 million. During the same quarter, it reported completing delivery on 792 homes, generating $461.3 million. That figure was down 42 percent from the same period last year, reflecting the decline in housing prices.

"Although our industry continues to face significant challenges, we are encouraged by the increase in the number of net contracts signed this quarter," Robert I. Toll, chairman and chief executive officer, said.

"Although some of our markets are still stuck in the mud, many are improving." For many buyers, he said, "price is no longer the overwhelmingly dominant factor."

The company said several markets showed signs of recovery. They included the New York suburbs; Jersey City; Raleigh, N.C.; and Washington.

Toll's results added confirmation of a broad, slow recovery of the housing market.

Other major builders - including D.R. Horton Inc. and Pulte Homes Inc. - have reported better earnings for the first half of the year.

Contact staff writer Christopher K. Hepp at 215-854-2208 or chepp@phillynews.com.

This article contains information from the Associated Press.

Posted on: 2009/8/13 12:34

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017