Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Lincoln Park Area: Jersey City man found stabbed to death in his apartment
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Burglars take A/C units out, go in - to kill?

Friday, November 21, 2008
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

The case of a Jersey City man stabbed to death during an apparent robbery earlier this month shares a common element with other burglaries in the area, authorities said yesterday: the removal of air-conditioners to gain entry to the victims' home.

The person or persons thought to have killed Jose Tecson, 55, of Roosevelt Avenue, on Nov. 6 apparently entered his apartment through a window in an alley after pulling the air-conditioner out of the window, said Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio.

The prosecutor said that within a month of Tecson's murder there were a number of burglaries, mostly in the day, in which thieves entered homes by pulling air-conditioning units out of windows.

"If anyone has information about these types of burglaries in that area, or anywhere in Jersey City for that matter, we would appreciate a call," DeFazio said.

Tecson was found by his wife in their first-floor apartment when she returned from work at about 3:30 p.m., DeFazio said.

Tecson was near the apartment door and might have been trying to escape, DeFazio said, adding there were signs Tecson's hands might have been tied at some point.

Tecson was last seen alive by his son at 8 a.m. that day, DeFazio said. A UPS delivery man tried to deliver a parcel at about noon that day and there was no answer, DeFazio said. Tecson was a computer technician and worked the night shift.

The autopsy determined Tecson was stabbed multiple times in the chest and abdomen and he appears to have suffered a defensive wound to his right hand. Investigators found a knife at the scene and are trying to determine if it is the murder weapon, DeFazio said.

Anyone with information about the murder or burglaries is asked to call the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office's Homicide Squad at (201) 915-1345.

Posted on: 2008/11/21 10:43

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/19 14:35
From Lincoln Park
Group:
Registered Users
This is a block away from my apartment. I sure hope they find out who and why.

Posted on: 2008/11/7 17:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
My money is that the wife did it

Posted on: 2008/11/7 12:53
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
That's so sad for me to hear. I grew up in that neighborhood, and I lived on Roosevelt Avenue. My mother's family lived on Roosevelt since the 1940's.............and what a beautiful, tree-lined block it was - slate sidewalks and screened -in front porches.

it was getting bad in the eighties so we sold the house. Hopefully it's hit rock bottom with this horrible stuff. Having seen Hoboken and downtown before gentrification - I have faith that my childhood nabe will turn around.

Posted on: 2008/11/7 11:58

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/10 12:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Jersey City man found stabbed to death in his apartment

Quote:

by Charles Hack

Hmm . . .

Posted on: 2008/11/7 1:26

Lincoln Park Area: Jersey City man found stabbed to death in his apartment
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City man found stabbed to death in his apartment

by Charles Hack
Thursday November 06, 2008, 4:55 PM

A 55-year-old man was found stabbed to death in his Jersey City apartment this afternoon, First Assistant Prosecutor Guy Gregory said. Jose Tecson's body was found by his wife in their first-floor apartment on Roosevelt Avenue at around 3:30 p.m., he said.

Gregory said Tecson appeared to have been killed in a burglary attempt and he added that Tecson was least seen at 8 a.m. Gregory said there was no sign of forced entry, but was not able to provide any further details at this time.

Posted on: 2008/11/6 22:30

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017