Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
201 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 201

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Political Perks for Political Appointees
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

john1952 wrote:
No anti-Fulop
haha

Posted on: 2013/9/17 14:28

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/10/19 22:32
Group:
Banned
Shoot the messenger! So you are also one of the recently hired too.

Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
You claim to be a citizen with no political ax to grind but yet you know the make of the cell phones people in the administration are using? Right.

Since you aren't going away - at least tell the story about your name. Wikipedia says John Dewey was "an American philosopher, psychologist, and educational reformer whose ideas have been influential in education and social reform" and that he in 1952. What does that have to do with you? You fancy yourself a reformer?

Quote:

john1952 wrote:
I been hearing they have been buy i-phones. Nothing but the best for the prince and his court. Stop frivolous spending. They make do with what ever does the job.

Posted on: 2013/9/17 13:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/18 15:56
Group:
Registered Users
You claim to be a citizen with no political ax to grind but yet you know the make of the cell phones people in the administration are using? Right.

Since you aren't going away - at least tell the story about your name. Wikipedia says John Dewey was "an American philosopher, psychologist, and educational reformer whose ideas have been influential in education and social reform" and that he in 1952. What does that have to do with you? You fancy yourself a reformer?

Quote:

john1952 wrote:
I been hearing they have been buy i-phones. Nothing but the best for the prince and his court. Stop frivolous spending. They make do with what ever does the job.

Posted on: 2013/9/17 3:59

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
No anti-Fulop, but I am against anyone who does not spend our taxes prudently. Fulop just rubbed salt in an open and festering wound. I foolishly believed him and his crap. My bad.

If city employees need a "smart" phone then spec it out and get three bids. Don't just buy the Cadillac of smart phones and the most expensive. JC Government is not some cutting edge tech company flush with hedge fund money or sleek design firm. The staff should be able to get by with any functional smart phone.

Don't try to be cool on my dime.

Quote:

rescuelife wrote:
Quote:

john1952 wrote:

Although your anti-Fulop agenda is quite blatant, you should at least know that supplying work mobile phones for employees is standard practice in a growing number of private and public businesses throughout the country. If you are receiving work emails and conducting work-related activities on the go and at home, it is not unfair to have the employer provide the hardware. Also, iPhones are in no way more of a financial burden than blackberries when purchases at the corporate level.

Posted on: 2013/9/16 17:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

john1952 wrote:

Although your anti-Fulop agenda is quite blatant, you should at least know that supplying work mobile phones for employees is standard practice in a growing number of private and public businesses throughout the country. If you are receiving work emails and conducting work-related activities on the go and at home, it is not unfair to have the employer provide the hardware. Also, iPhones are in no way more of a financial burden than blackberries when purchases at the corporate level.

Posted on: 2013/9/16 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
I-phones are the new blackberrys, so if used for City business only then it shouldn't be an issue. More and more companies demand that it is expensed monthly like everything else - basically if you want an i-phone, you pay the bill and submit an expense claim, with proof of use.

Posted on: 2013/9/16 4:19

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2013/9/16 0:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Is the administration clamping down on cell phones that the public pays?

Posted on: 2013/9/15 20:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

luvHomeMyJC wrote:
Is there a "list" of all board positions for all agencies within our city's borders that can be put together along side the board perks?

Perhaps it's already planned part of the new City "dashboard"?

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... vices_and_efficiency.html

Posted on: 2013/9/15 18:14

Political Perks for Political Appointees
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/27 14:10
Group:
Registered Users
Hudson Reporter - The Political Perks showed up on my news feed this morning and say what you may but I will give the new administration credit for clamping down on the city car. I remember reading old news of seeing Jersey City cars at the shore and hopefully that is now history.

Is there a "list" of all board positions for all agencies within our city's borders that can be put together along side the board perks?

My intent is not to single a person or affiliations to the mayor (present or past) but rather to create a non-funded transparent citizen led audit of our city's expenses. As a tax payer my paycheck has shrunk (as has most of yours too) and it pains me to get a tax increase and realize that my money is being "wasted" or "abused".

Yea its my money cause I worked for it and as under the obligations of residency I paid the govt. first before I drew the money for myself. No part-time job (except UPS) gives health benefits and the govt. shouldn't either.

Posted on: 2013/9/15 15:29

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017