Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Do I have a shot at fighting this parking ticket?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
Ticket #2 is incorrect and should be dismissed. It doesn't matter if you are guilty of something, you have to be guilty of the exact offense cited on the ticket, and all the other info on the ticket has to be correct.

tern is also right, if you take the trouble to go to court, and you mention some issue - like the already ticketed once - judges will often dismiss a portion of tickets or reduce the fine.

Good luck!

Posted on: 2011/12/12 14:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
This happened to me a couple of years back. Everything was correct except the street. The judge had a good laugh because the numbers on the street I was allegedly parked on only went up to the 80's. It was a short street. The address I was parked in front of was just over 200, which probably would have put me in someone's living room a few blocks past where the street ended.

You may have a chance of getting ticket #2 dismissed if you can make the case that you were in parking compliance. Sometimes the devil is in the details. Technically you were still parked in violation as ticket #1 will attest, however, if ticket #2 is for things that are not correct, you stand a pretty good chance.

Good luck.

Posted on: 2011/12/12 12:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
One of the benefits of academia is I am on winter break during both court dates so I can happily plant myself at the courthouse and work on lesson plans while I wait. Thinking it's worth a shot, no real loss if I lose.

Posted on: 2011/12/11 19:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
They are accomodating, if you have the time to show up in court they will probably let you off one of them.

Robin.

Posted on: 2011/12/11 18:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I believe that you have a limited amount of time before you must move the car once it's been ticketed. Since it was still there 4+ hours later they can get you again. I think you will find that you'd rather pay the fine than sit in that god-foresaken court-room for hours on end for a case you will probably lose.

Posted on: 2011/12/11 17:17

Do I have a shot at fighting this parking ticket?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
This is kind of a weird situation legality wise so I'm hoping for some input.

There is a "No parking any time" sign near my block that is not enforced. Instead, it is treated as a "No parking from here to corner" sign. So, if you park on the side of the sign close to the corner, you might get a ticket (i.e. it's happened to me twice in 5 months). If you park on the side of the sign further from the corner you don't seem to get ticketed.

I parked on the "wrong" side of the sign and got a ticket for "no stopping or standing" (I'll call this Ticket #1). OK fine. But that wasn't the only ticket on my car - there was also one for "No stopping or standing, certain hours on designated street" (Ticket #2).

Ticket #2 is incorrect re: the "certain hours on designated street." The ticket was issued on a Friday and parking is only restricted on that side of the street on Mondays and Thursdays. I have a current zone parking permit that allows me to park for more than 2 hours so that isn't it either. That leaves the "no stopping or standing" portion of the ticket - but I was already ticketed for that at 7:35 AM. Ticket #2 is marked as 1:40 PM.

So what are my chances of fighting one or both of these tickets? Can they really "double dip" and ticket me twice in one day for the same offense? The two tickets were right next to each other on my windshield so it's not like the ticket #2 cop didn't see ticket #1.

Posted on: 2011/12/11 16:53

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017