Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
268 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 268

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Car with woman and 2 kids plunged from Pulaski Skyway
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
7/1 0:32
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah it sounds odd, probably a hoax. But it reminds me of a kind of similar story from March 2001. A woman was on her way to her family fish store on the Bay/JC city line. She was driving to work during a snowstorm. She never made it to her store. The family said she took the same route to work every day. Along rt 440 south taking that looping exit to the Blvd. It was a real mystery she just disappeared. Well 4 days later someone spotted her Jeep just off of the shore upside down in Newark Bay.

Turns out from what I recall as she was making that shape loop and her Jeep just went straight hitting the guard rail and flipping over it. Of course that guard rail wasn?t as high as the guards/walls on the Skyway. I guest the snow covered up her tracks. I believe anything could happen when it comes to automobile crashes.

This is some of the story from the JJ achieves. I am way too cheap to buy the entire article so this will have to do.

Divers recover body from Newark Bay
Author: Journal staff
Date: March 9, 2001
Publication: Jersey Journal, The (Jersey City, NJ) Page: 1
?
The body of a former Bayonne resident was raised from Newark Bay yesterday, four days after her sport utility vehicle apparently veered from the roadway and plunged into the cold, murky water.

A joint effort of the Army Corps of Engineers, New Jersey State Police, Bayonne police and Jersey City police divers pulled Sang Soon Kim, of Livingston, from seven feet of water at 10:30 a.m. off the Kennedy Boulevard extension at 63rd Street, according to Bayonne Detective Capt. Len Sullivan.

The body of a 44-year-old Livingston woman, reported missing during Monday's snowstorm, was found inside her Jeep yesterday morning after emergency crews pulled the vehicle out of Newark Bay.
?

Authorities said Sang Soon Kim apparently lost control of her sport utility vehicle as she headed south on Route 440 on her way to her family-owned fish store in Bayonne.
Her family reported Kim missing to Livingston police after she failed to show up for...

Posted on: 2013/1/17 14:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/7 23:14
Group:
Registered Users
While I have to say that this is a fear I always have in the back of my head, as I drive on that road, the physics of something that would cause that to happen are pretty highly unlikely. Through the years, I've seen a TON of accidents on there - including two that resulted in overturned vehicles - but nothing even remotely close to a car going flying over the railing.

I too hope this is a prank (albeit a pretty sick one...).

Posted on: 2013/1/17 14:49

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/5/17 15:38
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
I just drove across the Skyway on the way to work and saw nothing to indicate anything had happened. The article on NJ.com has had no updates and has been removed from the homepage, so I am guessing this was a hoax or someone was just gravely mistaken.

Posted on: 2013/1/17 14:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
8/29 19:12
Group:
Registered Users
Agree... how the heck could it do that? That car would have to fly like someone hitting the turbo boost button on the Knightrider car.

Posted on: 2013/1/17 14:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/22 1:46
Group:
Registered Users
Something doesn't add up.

Even a car going 100MPH is still going parallel to the railing and there's no way there would be enough force generated to punch through.

Posted on: 2013/1/17 11:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users

I can't say enough about how scary and dangerous that bridge is.

Wishing for the best for these folks.

Posted on: 2013/1/17 4:20

Car with woman and 2 kids plunged from Pulaski Skyway
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/5/17 15:38
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Dear god I hope this isn't true..

Massive water search after report that car with woman and 2 kids plunged from Pulaski Skyway

By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal
on January 16, 2013 at 10:39 PM
updated January 16, 2013 at 10:49 PM

A massive water search is being conducted tonight in the area near the Pulaski Skyway in Jersey City after a report that a car driven by a woman with two children in it had plunged from the span into the icy waters below.

Jersey City Police Capt. Edgar Martinez said police got a call that the car had plunged off the Skyway, but he emphasized that it was "not confirmed'' yet that it actually happened.

A search is being conducted in the area of 305 Broadway and near the PATH bridge by the Jersey City Emergency Services Unit, the Port Authority Police and the Secaucus and Newark Fire Department marine units. Martinez said there was also a helicopter assisting, but he didn't know where it was from.

It also could not be immediately determined if there was any damage on the Skyway.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... html#incart_river_default

Posted on: 2013/1/17 4:14

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017