Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
150 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 150

more...


Forum Index


Board index » All Posts (VVP_Ralph)




Re: Heights: Man robbed of $9,000 at gunpoint
#1
Newbie
Newbie


Uh... who walks around with $9,000????

Posted on: 2009/12/22 17:40
 Top 


Re: Carbon pawprint of a pet dog is more than double that of a gas-guzzling SUV
#2
Newbie
Newbie


I'm sure cows are the worst. I think there's no validity to this argument because they are LIVING creatures. Man has created the SUV. Are you suggesting we kill all dogs? I really don't understand the point of this at all. Do humans leave a bigger carbon footprint than dogs? I'm sure. So what do you suggest. This is all nonsense.

Posted on: 2009/12/22 17:28
 Top 


Re: Downtown -- Best Bar for Singles?
#3
Newbie
Newbie


Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
Do not believe the previous posters. Do not ever go to the Cicada. Do not even walk by it. Stay out. Pretend you never heard of it. Find somewhere else to go.


Well that's helpful. Some could say the same for the entirety of Jersey City.

Posted on: 2009/12/2 18:10
 Top 


Re: gangbangers & reese's?
#4
Newbie
Newbie


Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
That's right, we should give them money for over-priced candy so that they don't mug, rape or kill us. Makes sense.


so if you don't buy their candy, they will mug, rape or kill you? I had no idea.

Posted on: 2009/11/30 20:39
 Top 


Re: Downtown: Off-duty firefighter tackles an alleged arsonist at the Holland Gardens housing comple
#5
Newbie
Newbie


somehow I don't think checking the white pages is a very accurate way of researching this.

Posted on: 2009/11/30 19:13
 Top 


Re: Downtown: Off-duty firefighter tackles an alleged arsonist at the Holland Gardens housing comple
#6
Newbie
Newbie


Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:
ok, the question begs.... what was he doing in a housing project known for drug dealing at 1am on a Saturday?


Perhaps he lives in the complex? I assume it's not 100% drug dealers/dealing there.

Posted on: 2009/11/30 16:10
 Top 


Re: Tenant background/cedit check agency recommendation
#7
Newbie
Newbie


Quote:

heights wrote:
You can request the tenant?s SS #, copies of their pay check stubs, and a letter reference form their previous landlord. I know someone that went this route and were successful with his or her new tenants. Before they asked for these documents all kinds of characters showed up but the minute documents were requested they ran like scared cats. Also if you go through a real estate agency they can do the legwork for you. I believe if the building you are renting is a 4 family or less you can rent to whom ever you want to.


I don't understand how this is possible. I can understand proof of employment, or something of the like. But how can you just hand over your SS # to a stranger that *might* be your landlord. I would NEVER do that.

Posted on: 2009/11/25 15:46
 Top 


Re: New York Times: They’re All Connected -- www.BeaconOwners.com
#8
Newbie
Newbie


That place creeps me out. It still looks like a hospital, smells like a hospital, and everything else hospital. Inside and out.

Posted on: 2009/11/25 2:19
 Top 


Re: Hamilton Park Ale House jersey Ave.
#9
Newbie
Newbie


Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Quote:

sullyx wrote:
@tecjc my comment regarding the t.v.'s is due to the fact they don't have enough to show all the games that are on at the same time.

and tommyc_37, I don't know where you're coming from but the White Star is only a 3 minute walk from HPAH, not really in the boonies.


Eh, I guess because it's over near the Turnpike overpass, and it doesn't feel like it's in a very "neighborhoodly" area. Just my impression of course. To me, the HPAH seems nestled into a nice neighborhood.

Disclaimer - White Star may totally kick ass ... like I said, I have never actually been inside. But the block that it's on kind of turns me off a bit I guess.


what would turn you off about the block? the fields under the turnpike. It's 2 blocks from Hamilton Park. Maybe you should venture out a little further.

Posted on: 2009/11/25 2:17
 Top 


Re: The Krave Truck?
#10
Newbie
Newbie


If you like onions, and lots of them, then the Krave truck is for you.

Posted on: 2009/11/20 21:46
 Top 


Re: Downtown -- Best Bar for Singles?
#11
Newbie
Newbie


You mean Golden Cicada? I can't imagine it being great for a 'singles bar' but it is a pretty cool old school bar.

Posted on: 2009/11/14 1:30
 Top 


Re: Liberty State Park Incident
#12
Newbie
Newbie


Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

VVP_Ralph wrote:
Quote:

Except that Europe has a population of about 830 million vs. the US population of about 340 million. Annually there are about 90,000 deaths "related" to alcohol in the US and 115,000 alcohol related deaths in Europe. Maybe Europe can teach us something if you actually look at facts and not just what you want to.


Sorry, you're wrong. If you read the articles you'll see that some European countries don't always make the distinction between alcohol and non-alcohol related accidents. They purposely skew the numbers by looking the other way.


And the US would never ever skew information.

Posted on: 2009/11/13 21:42
 Top 


Re: Liberty State Park Incident
#13
Newbie
Newbie


Quote:

Except that Europe has a population of about 830 million vs. the US population of about 340 million. Annually there are about 90,000 deaths "related" to alcohol in the US and 115,000 alcohol related deaths in Europe. Maybe Europe can teach us something if you actually look at facts and not just what you want to.

Posted on: 2009/11/13 19:52
 Top 


Re: Liberty State Park Incident
#14
Newbie
Newbie


I still fail to see what the OP did that was so "wrong." Because he said they were all his? They probably were all his. He probably bought all 2 six packs with his money. So what. Stepping in and saying that when the person is visibly upset is all of a sudden a felony? All the "cop" had to do was say, "there is a no alcohol policy here." And then either made them dump it out, write them a ticket, or arrest them. The point is that he did not have to be a complete idiot and assert his authority just because he has a weapon strapped to his waist.

And Vigilante, you have an odd sense of sarcasm. Especially given what your name is. Maybe I'll try that the next time I'm at the grocery store and someone annoys me. I'll threaten to shoot them, and then say, "just kidding." We'll all have a good laugh over it I'm sure.

Posted on: 2009/11/13 19:29
 Top 


Re: Liberty State Park Incident
#15
Newbie
Newbie


Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

VVP_Ralph wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
If I was that cop I might have shot the OP for making such a douchy response about the beer. A response like that is insulting to a police officer. And the last thing we need is to invite open consumption of alcohol in our public parks. What a disaster that would be for all of us. I know it's not exactly the same but have you ever seen the parking lot at Giant's Stadium after a game or a concert? Did you see the movie Woodstock and how trashed the place was afterwards? Inviting people to drink booze in our public spaces is a BAD idea.


Please don't ever become a cop.


Oh please. Get a clue.


So for drinking and responding that they were his, he should have been shot? I'd hate to see what you would do if someone were driving and didn't use their turn signal.

Posted on: 2009/11/13 16:35
 Top 


Re: Liberty State Park Incident
#16
Newbie
Newbie


Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
If I was that cop I might have shot the OP for making such a douchy response about the beer. A response like that is insulting to a police officer. And the last thing we need is to invite open consumption of alcohol in our public parks. What a disaster that would be for all of us. I know it's not exactly the same but have you ever seen the parking lot at Giant's Stadium after a game or a concert? Did you see the movie Woodstock and how trashed the place was afterwards? Inviting people to drink booze in our public spaces is a BAD idea.


Please don't ever become a cop.

Posted on: 2009/11/13 6:44
 Top 


Re: Liberty State Park Incident
#17
Newbie
Newbie


My parents always taught be to obey the law. No alcohol is allowed in NJ state parks, so I never bring or consume alcohol in any NJ state park.

Posted on: 2009/11/12 21:28
 Top 



TopTop






Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017