Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
58 user(s) are online (33 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 57

Wettool, more...


Forum Index


Board index » All Posts (light12v)




Re: Developers Planning to Relocate St. Lucy's - Create Market Rate Housing
#1
Home away from home
Home away from home


Current JC Zoning for 40 market rate units to be increased 10x+ for 430-unit building, which would rise about 20 stories on Grove Street is INSANITY !

Posted on: 2018/12/7 10:10
Top


Re: Street Sweeping Schedule
#2
Home away from home
Home away from home


Street Sweeper didn't come through at all today up by Lincoln Park, nor did the City even pick up the curbed Brown Bagged Leaves which was also scheduled for today !

Posted on: 11/15 21:31
Top


Re: Okay, so who here thinks the Katyn monument needs to go?
#3
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

JCvoter wrote:
The core issue here is who gets to dictate the nature of our public spaces - the developers, in league with our mayor, or the people of Jersey City.

The Exchange Place SID was created by Fulop and Candice Osborne at the behest of Mack Cali and is now controlled by Mack Cali, SJP Properties and Hartz Mountain. All of these companies own property adjacent to plaza where the statue resides. This axis of mediocrity was the sole impetus behind the attempted removal of the statue.

Mack Cali gave $250,000 to Fulop's dark money super PAC, Coalition for Progress.


#facts


What is the meaning of "axis of mediocrity" in this context please?

Posted on: 10/5 18:44
Top


Re: The city lied on the budget
#4
Home away from home
Home away from home


City Officials Lie about Everything.....SOS, Different Day

Posted on: 10/2 15:15
Top


Re: Jersey City Transforms Parking Spots into Parklets
#5
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Dolomiti, course they are near traffic, actually, there is one not far from a fire station in the heights.

Good grief. It uses a single parking space! It doesn't stick into the street. It doesn't take up more space than a parked car. It doesn't cause more traffic. And it is nowhere near the out-of-town traffic that you were just blaming for increased traffic accidents.



Quote:
With the city removing parking and these parklets, it is just easier to shop and go to a restaurant outside JC.

They're using five parking spots. FIVE. The idea that this will have even the slightest dent on the number of available parking spaces, in a city the size of JC, is utterly irrational.

Plus, Jersey City doesn't have to orient its entire public policy around cars. Quite the opposite.


Quote:
The hassle is not worth it.

There is no hassle. Thus, by definition it is worth it.


Quote:
Why doesn't the city do a survey and ask residents where they shop and why?

Because we elect representatives to make decisions like this. That's how a representative democracy works.


SMH

Posted on: 9/28 16:46
Top


Re: Jersey City Transforms Parking Spots into Parklets
#6
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Three murders in three weeks, and the mayor drops a parklet on Ocean Avenue. That's the answer!


It is my understanding that it was 3 murders in 10 days.

Posted on: 9/28 15:59
Top


Re: Newark Avenue Pedestrian Plaza Expansion
#7
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Frinjc wrote:
I have to say, I went to Pontevedra about 10 years ago in a trip from Madrid to A Corunia and Santiago de Compostela - I also visited albarino vineyards but that another story.. I thought that Pontevedra was heaven on earth..., already. At 5-6 PM everybody started getting out in the streets and the place just fired up, people were having such a good time. The area of Las Rias Baixas also is spectacular, the closest I have found to a Mandelbrot algorithm. But I digress, the pedestrian part was the most used and safe.


EU is very different from USA Culturally & Sensibility wise.

Each sovereign country is steeped in its own Regional History/Natural Environment & specifically in Spain, I too have been taken by this area's indigenous environment that is indeed much like being immersed in a most beautiful Fractal !!!

I cannot say the same for MF Vison of Green_Space along the closed areas of Newark Ave. here in JC.

Posted on: 9/28 14:51
Top


Re: JC Street Sweep and Parking Petition!
#8
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

wpaul2 wrote:
Petition to reduce street sweeping and a parking reform plan? Yes please! https://jcparkingpetition.com/


Who is Rolando petitioning ???

Posted on: 8/17 10:17
Top


Re: Okay, so who here thinks the Katyn monument needs to go?
#9
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

light12v wrote:
I Did Read His Response, Completely...

Apparently not. It's not that complicated.


Quote:
so that I might understand WHY he believes what he states here.

I don't believe it. I'm illustrating that Yvonne is a hypocrite, and that her irrational ad hoc rationalization blew up in her face.

OK, to review: This thread is no longer about the Katyn Monument staying at Exchange Place or going, or individuals expressing their positions regarding such....and instead has digressed to fixation on Yvonne's posts being dissected & challenged by her JCList *fans*.

So, What is YOUR POV on the current Katyn/Exchange Place controversy and same day Newark Pedestrian Plaza expansion ?


Posted on: 8/13 10:10
Top


Re: Okay, so who here thinks the Katyn monument needs to go?
#10
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

oreoz wrote:
Quote:

light12v wrote:
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

light12v wrote:
WHY Dolomiti ??

Seriously? You can't figure this out?

Yvonne is saying that I do not have the right to make any changes to any existing public policy. But if I don't have the right to advocate for any changes, then neither does she.

I.e. I'm illustrating that her position is irrational and hypocritical. It went over her head, of course, because she's behaving irrationally and hypocritically. So it goes.


I figure this out as it proceeds, based upon All of the Shitstorm Sideshows going on in or about JC in these times and a Pacer account.

My Question to you is Only about your text words that I have converted to Bold.......so again, I am asking you WHY ???


Dude - read his response. He literally told you why he said that. He's not saying he agrees with that - he's just using Yvonne's argument and applying it to her actions as well, therefore highlighting its hypocrisy.

If you're not going to read the whole thread I don't blame you, but at least read his response to you.

And Yvonne - most people here aren't condoning the mayor's behavior. At the same time, his behavior doesn't suddenly change our opinion on the topic like it apparently has yours. Going back to the beginning of this thread you were one of those pushing to have it removed..why was that? Oh, something about how other countries' history doesn't belong in America...and yet you accuse the mayor of insulting an entire ethnic group. Which, by the way...when did he do that? Sure, he insulted someone Polish (if you want to understand why, read about the Holocaust law in Poland). Was it right? No - it was a false argument tactic. But so is your argument that calling a person from a specific culture racist is akin to insulting that entire ethnic group. That's the same crap logic that sees moving this statue (a move supported by the Polish speaker!) as some sort of affront to Poland.

I Did Read His Response, Completely...wherein he questioned my seriousness, my ability to figure it out, & further made several statements that I asked him to explain by highlighting one to start with. so that I might understand WHY he believes what he states here.

I don't really give a shit about his ongoing pissing contest with Yvonne....just want to understand His POV.

Posted on: 8/11 17:16
Top


Re: Okay, so who here thinks the Katyn monument needs to go?
#11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

light12v wrote:
WHY Dolomiti ??

Seriously? You can't figure this out?

Yvonne is saying that I do not have the right to make any changes to any existing public policy. But if I don't have the right to advocate for any changes, then neither does she.

I.e. I'm illustrating that her position is irrational and hypocritical. It went over her head, of course, because she's behaving irrationally and hypocritically. So it goes.


I figure this out as it proceeds, based upon All of the Shitstorm Sideshows going on in or about JC in these times and a Pacer account.

My Question to you is Only about your text words that I have converted to Bold.......so again, I am asking you WHY ???

Posted on: 8/11 15:14
Top


Re: Okay, so who here thinks the Katyn monument needs to go?
#12
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Dolomiti, the Katyn monument has been there for over 30 years, if you were here, then you had the opportunity to speak at the city council meeting that you did not want it. If you came later, then you moved into a city that already had the statue and chose to stay.

Yeah, you might want to rethink that.

You had the opportunity to speak against the pedestrian plaza on Newark. It happened anyway. By your own logic, you should just accept it, and give up any future opportunity to reverse it.

You had the opportunity to speak against moving the statue. It happened anyway. By your own logic, you should just accept it, and forsake any future opportunity to reverse this decision.

You had the opportunity to vote for someone other than Fulop. He was properly elected as Mayor. You had your shot, it didn't go your way, and by your own logic you should quietly and humbly accept the consequences... and not complain.

P.S. You didn't answer my question. Why am I not surprised.


WHY Dolomiti ??

Posted on: 8/11 13:45
Top


Re: Recommendations- Dumpster Rental
#13
Home away from home
Home away from home


That's an outrageous charge tern [Robin].....I paid independent Roselle <$500 for each 40yd container with 5 TONS of Roof ripoff materials [my job required 2x] when I had my 135 year old Roof & Yankee gutters ripped & re-built in the Fall of 2016

Posted on: 8/9 16:20
Top


Re: Zoning Question
#14
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

ProdigalSon wrote:
I believe you want to keep the multi family zoning status, as it increases the value of the property. Internally and living wise you should be able to get the work done through the building department.

That said if there is a tax component at play here I believe going from multi to single is relatively mundane, but going from single to multi is a difficult process.


AGREE +++
You can Configure Interior space as you wish to occupy/live in it, but your Re-Sale Value would be greatly diminished by having the property re-zoned to 1 Family.

Posted on: 6/26 18:12
Top


Re: JC Council Proposes to Limit Public Speaking at Public Hearings
#15
Home away from home
Home away from home


When a Dozen Armed Police Officers cannot get the Job of SILENCING the PEOPLE Done on Demand by JC Council Prez Lavvarro.....

THEY SIMPLY PASS ANOTHER LAW to SHUT DOWN PUBLIC PARTICIPATION & OUR PUBLIC OUTCRY 4 ACCOUNTABILITY !!!

Posted on: 6/26 15:27
Top


Re: Okay, so who here thinks the Katyn monument needs to go?
#16
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

oreoz wrote:
So is it safe to assume you've changed your mind and now want the monument to stay? Interesting to say the least. I approve of gaining a deeper understanding of people's feelings towards the monument, although I suspect the real reason is because you don't like Fulop and his handling of the situation made it easy for you to jump to the other side.

Personally - I like it where it is. Presumably, it'll be good where it's going also. The way it was handled was stupid, and I dislike even more the fact that some developer with money declares that he doesn't like it and it has to move (does he own the space? thought it was public), but it seems like the end result is a pretty decent compromise. Too bad it had to happen so..shadily.

What's with the soft -peddling of this issue here ?
Whether one likes or dislikes Fulop is Irrelevant !!!

Personally - I find it is somewhat difficult to *Like* someone who is insulting to the taxpaying public & widely dismissive of the Real needs of All JC Citizens, Over-Reaching in his *Governing bwo Twitter announcements & E.O.s,, all the while promoting divisiveness with his assignments of the 'Hater' label to any/all [most of who have solid rationale 4 said opposition] who disagree with his opinion/POV.

What IS Relevant however is Exactly what U have stated : "the fact that some developer with money declares that he doesn't like it and it has to move"

There has yet to be an End Result, as there are Legal proceedings pending before the court to be adjudicated, Definitions of Empowered parties to any agreement to be resolved. and most importantly a Huge matter of Engineering studies /Cost Analysis plus the ability to fund such an undertaking,, aka. WHOIS gonna pay for all of this ??

This Fulop Administration has denied the most basic of Needs in our City's Communities in favor of Feel-Good projects, Staffing expenditures, and keeping Lawyers flush with No-Bid Contracts to Defend HIS Poor Policy Decisions.
This trajectory is Simply NOT Sustainable!

Ur stmt. : "Too Bad... " referring to Shady Backroom Self-Dealings, that you think are a Done Deal, will be prove to be fatefully problematic [and precedent setting]

Posted on: 5/27 12:40
Top


Re: contractor for Ductless, Mini-Split Air Conditioner/Heat Pumps
#17
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

SRhia wrote:
I know that all installations are different and therefore pricing can differ a lot, but I'm wondering if anyone can provide a ballpark quote for a 3 bedroom / ~1300 sq ft ductless AC install? It is a single-floor condo unit.

A range would be fine too (eg $10k-15K) - just want to get an idea if the price we were quoted is fair.

Thanks in advance.

Depends upon the configuration that You want & number of outdoor condensing units it will require.

1300sqft. is not alot, but I would think that you would want indoor delivery to each bedroom & a larger common space under individual control zones.

Also the distance limitations on the lines might make for a tricky & more expensive install [especially in a condo].

I have these systems installed in my 3 floor home for the last 10yrs. & all I can advise is to utilize a Major quality Brand [so that you can obtain replacement computer boards when PSE&G loses a Phase in your area that burns them up] & contract with a qualified installer who can give you optimal unit design advice + do optimal install.

Posted on: 5/17 18:20
Top


Re: Okay, so who here thinks the Katyn monument needs to go?
#18
Home away from home
Home away from home


Red Rose = Love ,,,,,,,,, White Rose = Remembrance

...........1 Red Rose + 1 White Rose = Unity.............

We, The People of Jersey City NJ, USA will lay our 2 Rose Unity Tribute to Katyn Memorial that lives at Exchange Place, In Reverent Silent Protest to any Re-Location Plan that alters our Shared Memories & Collective History in Jersey City
[ Unity Tribute Flowers to be provided at Exchange Place site @ 4PM ]

Posted on: 5/16 1:29
Top


Re: Okay, so who here thinks the Katyn monument needs to go?
#19
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

thor800 wrote:
the statue is still staying very close to its original location. the uproar over moving it 60 meters away is laughable


I believe the uproar was why and how it was proposed to be moved. A sufficient reason was not stated and it was done underhandedly.


InDeed

Posted on: 5/15 19:38
Top


Re: Okay, so who here thinks the Katyn monument needs to go?
#20
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

oreoz wrote:
I have to say - I think the mayor botched his handling of this one. He could have announced this end result without all the in between drama and there'd probably be a lot less of it. Now he's somehow managed to piss off people from all sides. At the end it will all probably be swept under the rug (and the end result sounds like a good compromise), but it's not a good look.

But Yvonne - I'm curious as to your sudden change of position. You were one of the strongest supporters of moving the statue at the beginning of this thread, giving all sorts of reasons. Why the sudden change? Is it just because you found yourself on the same side as the mayor you despise? Seems a bit odd.

Our Ever-So-Politically-Correct Mayor Authored this ShitStorm via Twitter & the Chickens have Now come Home to Roost.
The Optics are now BAD 4 HIM because he got Checked+Challenged by a tight knit Polish Speaking Community who Pushed Back & said NO!

I am most interested in seeing whether Maciej remains Polish Consul General when Polish President arrives for tomorrow's Wreath-Laying Ceremony, as it is my understanding from Polish people here & abroad that these political Machinations go against the grain of Polish President's Core Beliefs.

Posted on: 5/15 14:47
Top


Re: Deeded Roof question
#21
Home away from home
Home away from home


I have several ductless units & they do work much better at the ground level in a shaded area.
Any true professional will advise against putting them on roof or in direct Sun, as they will run constantly & cost you dearly on electric consumption.

Posted on: 5/14 19:36
Top


Never Forget KAYTN RALLY is A GO
#22
Home away from home
Home away from home


Never Forget...Katyn Rally TODAY : 3PM @ Exchange Place
phone 347-944-3615 to hear Truth & Details

Posted on: 5/13 12:29
Top


Re: Okay, so who here thinks the Katyn monument needs to go?
#23
Home away from home
Home away from home



Posted on: 5/12 22:50
Top


Re: Okay, so who here thinks the Katyn monument needs to go?
#24
Home away from home
Home away from home


FULOP>>>>Bringing JC TaxPayers MORE LAWSUITS to Pay 4
JOY

https://www.documentcloud.org/document ... aty-monument-lawsuit.html

Posted on: 5/12 17:43
Top


Re: Okay, so who here thinks the Katyn monument needs to go?
#25
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

HeightsNative wrote:
Yay!! More shady backroom deals made without our city council! All hail the god-king xer...I mean Fulop!


Fulop In His Own Words::: such a Class Act in representing :::
https://twitter.com/StevenFulop/status/992130974698934272
https://twitter.com/StevenFulop/status/992158375361351680

Posted on: 5/12 17:39
Top


Re: Okay, so who here thinks the Katyn monument needs to go?
#26
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
Another sculpture by Pitynski, "The Partisans" was moved from its original location in Boston and rededicated. I don't see why this would be any different.


It Is Completely Different......the Katyn Monument was further dedicated to the 9-11 Massacre of WTC Twin Towers based upon its current location & needs to stay where it is !!!

Posted on: 5/11 16:11
Top


Re: Okay, so who here thinks the Katyn monument needs to go?
#27
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
I liked the idea of the tip of Morris Canal Park though. That's a dramatic setting for a dramatic statue.

.


Tip of Morris Canal Park makes too much sense for it to happen.

If Fulop played it right, approached the community in the right way, explained the rationale, I bet the move to that location would have been accepted. Not to the fuking median and not because I told you so, and certainly not because Poles are anti-semites or whatever slur he used.

He handled it in the worst possible way.

His conduct does not give me any confidence in Senator Fulop or whatever political office he will be aspiring to.

Boss Daddy Fulop and his cohorts is what Needs to GO !!

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/05/0 ... al-statue-in-jersey-city/

Posted on: 5/9 10:17
Top


Re: Okay, so who here thinks the Katyn monument needs to go?
#28
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

HeightsNative wrote:
Quote:

HCResident wrote:
If I’m correct, it’s being moved to the corner of Washington and Montgomery. That’s two and a half blocks away.

All this brouhaha over two and a half blocks?

Oh, just for the record, I think it’s ugly. I used to live in Paulus Hook. I moved there in 2000. I thought it was ugly then, as I do now. It is not a welcoming image to the city.

And...my grandmother was the first child of her Polish born parents to be born on American soil. You can disagree with my opinion, but do not mistaken it for an anti Polish sentiment.


To be fair, the debate over aesthetics is subjective and everyone will feel what they feel.

What is not up for debate is Fulops handling of the situation. No community input or discussion, and outright bigotry on Twitter in the style of Trump. It's disgusting and he is disgusting.


AGREE +++

Posted on: 5/9 3:06
Top


Re: Okay, so who here thinks the Katyn monument needs to go?
#29
Home away from home
Home away from home


U P D A T E

Boggiano interviewed at beginning & Actual Press Conference start @14:46 time marker

https://www.facebook.com/MyMinute/videos/2089063394457132/

Posted on: 5/8 15:47
Top


Re: Okay, so who here thinks the Katyn monument needs to go?
#30
Home away from home
Home away from home


2 more Lawsuits for JC taxes to defend, brought to you by Mayor Fulop's Outrageous & Insulting Behavior !

......https://www.facebook.com/pg/MyMinute/videos/?ref=page_internal [starts at 14:46 marker]

Posted on: 5/8 13:39
Top



TopTop
(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »






Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017