Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
143 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 143

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City Mayor wins Belmar Chase 5K; $2,500 prize awarded to city's recreation department
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

HPYC wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
As much as I like Fulop this thread title is misleading. Fulop came in 621st place but won in his "category".

http://www.flrrt.com/results/belmar13.txt

The category is what counts in amateur road racing. Unless you are an elite runner, you're not going to come close to winning the "open" category. For almost all of us runners, including the mayor, winning a category - especially an age-group - is .... winning. So, Fulop wins the race.

BTW this must have been more of a fun run; I know Fulop can do better than 27 min in a 5K

He didn't win the race. Please, no spin doctors needed here. I'm glad he did well and was kind enough to donate the money but he did not win the race.

This seems less spin and more the usual poor stenography from the JJ.

Posted on: 2013/8/12 18:31

Re: Jersey City Mayor wins Belmar Chase 5K; $2,500 prize awarded to city's recreation department
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

HPYC wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
As much as I like Fulop this thread title is misleading. Fulop came in 621st place but won in his "category".

The category is what counts in amateur road racing. Unless you are an elite runner, you're not going to come close to winning the "open" category. For almost all of us runners, including the mayor, winning a category - especially an age-group - is .... winning. So, Fulop wins the race.

BTW this must have been more of a fun run; I know Fulop can do better than 27 min in a 5K

He didn't win the race. Please, no spin doctors needed here. I'm glad he did well and was kind enough to donate the money but he did not win the race.

Posted on: 2013/8/12 18:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Way to go Steve!!!

Posted on: 2013/8/12 17:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah Fulop is a triathlete. I can do a 5k in about 20 minutes and I would die in a triathlon, so he was probably just trotting.

Posted on: 2013/8/12 16:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/3/15 20:01
From Downtown - H.P. area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

Posted on: 2013/8/12 16:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2013/8/12 0:02

Jersey City Mayor wins Belmar Chase 5K; $2,500 prize awarded to city's recreation department
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City Mayor wins Belmar Chase 5K; $2,500 prize awarded to city's recreation department

By Rafal Rogoza / The Jersey Journal
on August 10, 2013 at 4:40 PM

The Jersey City recreation department was awarded $2,500 as a prize to Mayor Steve Fulop who won this morning's Belmar Chase 5K competition, according to a city announcement.

"This was a great race and a fantastic opportunity to not only compete alongside some of my colleagues from around the state, but to also raise money for our Recreation Department," said Mayor Fulop in a statement. "One of our priorities has been expanding the Recreation Department to diversify programming and provide more opportunities for our youth, and this prize money will certainly help us do that."

Fulop was one of several thousand runners who competed in the race, which included a celebrity portion sponsored by Barnabas Health and featured two Olympians. with time handicaps, and several elected officials including the mayors of Belmar, Long Branch and West Orange.

The race today was also an opportunity to highlight the rebuilding efforts taking place across the Jersey Shore.

"Jersey City, like the Jersey Shore, was hit hard by Hurricane Sandy," said Mayor Fulop. "But we are one state and together we are rebuilding. Today's race was a chance for us to let our partners across the state know we stand by them and will continue to work together to rebuild our great communities."

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... nt_2500.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2013/8/11 3:13

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017