Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
132 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 132

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Empty those fancy trash cans on Jersey City sidewalks & Laying off the wrong people.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
every weekend the trash cans along Jersey are overflowing. The JCIA is a mess.

Posted on: 2012/5/21 21:40

Empty those fancy trash cans on Jersey City sidewalks & Laying off the wrong people.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
I seem to remember Mayor Healy bragging about the new solar-powered trash compactors that he was having installed with some grant money. I think he said they have transponders in them that signal the JCIA when to come empty them. Real efficient. Well, the fancy trash can on Palisade Avenue at South Street has been full for at least 10 days, with discarded trash piling up all around it as it flashes its red light for "full," and the door won't open.
PALISADE PETE
JERSEY CITY

After working 31 years for the city, I have never seen anything like the JCIA board of commissioners. JCIA was told by many public officials that it was top heavy, so what do they do? They lay off my grandson, $7.25 an hour with no benefits. There are about 25 people in top management making $89,000 to $110,000. None was laid off.
My grandson drove around in an incinerator truck for more than two years, with the "Incinerator" spelled wrong. What misfit director did this! This was embarrassing to the city. If you don't believe this, investigate it. Nothing was done!
To the JCIA commissioners, I must say you guys are really tough.
When you can allow eight little people to be laid off to close a $9 million deficit, and keep all top management -- you have real cojones.
DISGRUNTLED GRANDMA
JERSEY CITYResized ImageJC Voices

Posted on: 2012/5/21 19:44

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017