Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City proving affordable alternative to NYC
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City's real-estate market is right up the urban dweller's alley
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ys_real-estate_marke.html

Posted on: 2012/2/19 20:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Yes you are right, they have now updated the article since the house the women purchased is in Greenville. Here is the new updated article called "For city lovers, Jersey City has the right fit "The images seem to be correct in this article :)
http://www.northjersey.com/news/hudso ... ay_meets_Main_Street.html

Posted on: 2012/2/19 16:45

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/7 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
It's also currently up for sale on Weichert for 1.15 million.
That picture is obviously supposed to go with the row house up for sale, not what the person purchased for $270k.

Posted on: 2012/2/19 16:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/18 14:36
Group:
Registered Users
I just verified that this house has not sold since the $930k sale in 2007. There was clearly a mistake in the picture that was associated to this article.

Posted on: 2012/2/19 15:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/18 14:36
Group:
Registered Users
The house in the picture is on West Hamilton off of Hamilton Park and sold sometime around 2007 I believe for approximately $930k. I don't know what transactions have taken place since that deal. But just a few months ago a 13 foot wide house, just a few doors north sold for about $860k, which was about $20k more than it's listing price.

Posted on: 2012/2/19 14:09

Jersey City proving affordable alternative to NYC
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Six years ago, Brittin Bleakley walked into a friend's Jersey City home with her daughter for a play date and fell in love.

RACHELLE MIGDAL/WEICHERT REALTORS
Brittin Bleakley, shown with her children, and her husband bought their four-bedroom house in Jersey City, above, for $270,000. The city has great variety in its housing, including an 1865 brick row house, listed at $1.15 million, and a modern unit in the Canco Lofts, also on the market, at $419,000.

JESSICA BROWN/JB REAL ESTATE PHOTOGRAPHY
She loved the home's back yard, the old-house details like the original stained glass window, the finished basement and the size ? four bedrooms.

"I said if you ever want to sell this house, I'm your gal," Bleakley said. "I was joking but really wasn't. It's a great house on a great street."

Bleakley, her husband and their two children started looking to buy after renting in Jersey City for many years. They heard the friend was actually interested in selling and moved into their dream home this summer.

"She had done a lot of work on the house, it was move-in ready," said Bleakley who paid $270,000. "It's wonderful. I'm so lucky."

When people think of Jersey City, they often think of two extremes: luxe waterfront condos with sky-high price tags or crime-ridden neighborhoods with boarded up buildings. Jersey City also recently hit the news when it was announced that reality TV stars Snooki and JWoww would live there to shoot a new show.

But beyond the headlines, the state's second-largest city has more than a dozen neighborhoods, each with its own vibe. The Van Vorst Park and Hamilton Park sections are known for stately row houses; Lincoln Park has sprawling Victorians. The waterfront and Newport have luxury condo towers and the Heights has colonials and lower-rise condos.
To read more click link below..
http://www.northjersey.com/realestate ... in_Street.html?c=y&page=1

Posted on: 2012/2/19 13:04

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017