Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
90 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Local designer uses twigs, leaves from Hamilton Park
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
snark aside, her stuff is really pretty.

Posted on: 2011/12/14 19:31

Re: Local designer uses twigs, leaves from Hamilton Park
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/8 14:59
Group:
Banned
That's pretty cool. I've been making paperweight "porcupines" out of cigarettes and dog shit I've found in the park. I wonder if she'd like to do a collaboration.

Posted on: 2011/12/13 4:11

Local designer uses twigs, leaves from Hamilton Park
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Local designer uses twigs, leaves from Jersey City park to cast unique jewelry line

Sunday, December 11, 2011, 8:33 PM
By Kate Kowsh/The Jersey Journal

One Jersey City artist is taking away a lot more than just inspiration from local natural gems like Hamilton Park. She?s actually using pieces of twig and bark from trees in her jewelry making.

Yvonne Raley, a jewelry artist, collects twigs, bark and leaves from Jersey City?s Hamilton Park to use as casts for her nature-inspired jewelry line.

Raley said she makes rings, bangle bracelets and necklaces out of bronze and silver.

"You take the twig, it gets encased in silicone, and then the silver gets poured in and the twig burns out," she explained of the process, from her booth at the Hoboken Historical Museum?s annual Holiday Crafts Fair this afternoon.

The Museum, located at 1301 Hudson St., hosted its annual Holiday Crafts Fair today, featuring homemade arts and crafts from local artists.

Raley, who is also a writer and philosophy professor, said she loves the idea of using authentic gem stones and pieces from nature in her work. "I'm actually a total gem stone addict, so I love making jewelry with actual gems."

Raley?s nature-inspired jewelry starts at $20, and features twig bangles and rings, and necklaces with bark impression pendants.

The Fair will also continue next weekend, Dec. 17-18, from 12 - 5 p.m., with other artists selling items including knitwear, gift cards and prints.

Posted on: 2011/12/12 18:02

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017