Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Journal Square: Man arrested driving stolen car looking for drugs -- “I just wanted one last binge.”
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

View Larger Map Man arrested in Jersey City while driving stolen car: I was looking to buy drugs one last time before going to rehab Wednesday, November 30, 2011, 3:00 AM By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal Resized Image John Kilian appears at Central Judicial Processing court in Jersey City yesterday. A Keyport felon driving a stolen car was arrested in Jersey City after a chase yesterday and later told a judge he was to begin a drug program yesterday and was trying to buy drugs one last time. ?I know I screwed up, but the only reason I did it is I have a drug problem,? said John G. Kilian, 34, when he appeared before Central Judicial Processing court Judge Richard Nieto yesterday afternoon. ?I just wanted one last binge.? ?Are you telling me you were going out to score drugs before you went to rehab?? Nieto asked in disbelief. ?Yes, your honor,? Kilian replied, adding that he had been in a car crash and pain from his injuries led to drug addiction. Kilian asked for leniency in setting bail so he could get to rehab, saying ?I really need this.? But Nieto told him the new charges would make it hard for him to get to rehab soon. He set bail at $35,000, saying: ?I?m sorry, better get hold of your family.? At 7 a.m. yesterday, a Hudson County sheriff?s officer saw a Honda Civic run a red light at Kennedy Boulevard and St. Paul?s Avenue and learned it was stolen in Matawan. He turned his lights and sirens, but the car would not stop, reports said. Finally, the vehicle got stuck in traffic on Tonnelle Avenue north of the Tonnelle Circle and Kilian bailed out and ran, reports said. Sheriff?s Officer Joseph Gonzales chased Kilian down and arrested him after a struggle, reports said, adding that he is charged with eluding police, receiving stolen property and resisting arrest. Kilian was in prison from July 3, 1997, to June 3, 2002, for drug possession, a weapons offense, a parole violation, two counts of burglary and five counts of theft, corrections records say.

Posted on: 2011/11/30 17:09

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017