Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 139

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bergen Lafayette: Driver (no seat belt & suspended license) hits house, is killed - had wife & baby
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
SLAMS INTO HOUSE
Driver, 31, is killed had wife, baby girl

Thursday, December 03, 2009
By RON ZEITLINGER and SARAH RAHMAN
JOURNAL STAFF WRITERS

Stephen Hunt, 31, of Kennedy Boulevard, was driving a four-door Toyota Camry north on Ocean at 1 a.m., and at the intersection of Forrest Street he strayed off the roadway, onto the sidewalk and then went head-on into the building, police reports said.

The impact of the crash knocked down a portion of the wall of the home.

Hunt was declared dead at 1:37 a.m. There was no odor of alcohol in the car, nor were any drugs found in the car, police reports said.

Hunt was not wearing a seat belt and was driving with a suspended license, police said. The owner of the car was issued a summons for allowing an unlicensed driver to operate her vehicle, police said.

Police, who don't know the reason for the crash, said there were no tire marks on the roadway, meaning that Hunt either did not attempt to use the brakes or the brakes malfunctioned.

There were no injuries at the Ocean Avenue house.

Hunt lived on Kennedy Boulevard with his wife and infant daughter, according to Brenda Wilkes, a tenant in his building.

Hunt's family was not home yesterday.

"He was a sweet, sweet person. He was our Teddy Bear," Wilkes said of Hunt yesterday.

Williams Adams, owner of the Ocean Avenue property, said he was sleeping when he heard a loud "thump."

When he looked out the second-floor window, he saw a neighbor standing in the street, beckoning him.

"The cops had come by the time I was downstairs, so I didn't get to see the driver, just the damage," he said.

Posted on: 2009/12/3 16:29

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017