Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
131 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 131

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

St. Anthony Friars Football Discount Cards (Warning?)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/8 22:02
Group:
Registered Users
Two weekends ago, my boyfriend and I saw a few two kids at the plaza near the Grove St. PATH that seemed to be collecting money or selling something for a football team. (They had a table, a big water jug for money, and a bunch of football jerseys.)

I asked if they were just collecting donations, or selling the jerseys or what. The young man told me that they were selling these discount cards for $10 each.

The card has the St. Anthony mascot on the front and the football schedule, and the back has a list of local JC and Hoboken businesses and their discounts, such as "Helen's Pizza... 10% off any purchase (183 Newark St.)" There were actually quite a few businesses on there that we go to, such as Star Cleaners and The Lamp Post Bar & Grill, so it seemed worth it.

My boyfriend asked how I knew if it was legit. I figured the cards look pretty professional, the boys had a stack of jerseys.

I saw them out there again last weekend, and I joked to my boyfriend, "Well, they're still out here, the cards must be legit... they haven't been run out of town yet."

But of course... the cards don't actually work. Well, at least in the 2 places we tried them. Village Tropical Fish and Pet Supplies and Helen's Pizza both said that they must have put their name on the cards without asking permission first.

I don't know if it will actually be accepted anywhere. I don't know if this was sanctioned by the school, or if these kids just had them drawn up themselves.

Just a warning. Donate a few dollars if you'd like, and honestly, we probably would have donated a few dollars even without the card, but be forewarned that the discount seems to be a scam.

Posted on: 2009/6/14 21:09
Thank you for making The Great Jersey City SOUP SWAP an annual success! See you in January 2013 for the next Soup Swap!

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017