Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Menendez backs Healy, slate in election
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Bob backs Healy, slate in election

Tuesday, May 05, 2009
By AMY SARA CLARK
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Amid a couple dozen construction workers, U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez endorsed Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah T. Healy and his City Council slate for election yesterday.

The setting for the news conference was next door to the Journal Square Transportation Center where a $500 million mixed-use development is slated to rise on the now leveled site.

"We have seen tremendous progress under the administration of Jerramiah Healy and we need that progress to continue over the next four years," Menendez said.

"When I look at not just the waterfront, but when I look at the heart of the commercial district of Jersey City that was once the premier place to go to anywhere in Hudson County to shop, to entertain, to go to dine, I see once again the progress that you can see on its way," Menendez added.

The former Union City mayor - now in charge of electing Democratic senators nationally - ticked off several other items he gives Healy credit for, including hiring additional police officers, establishing an anti-gang task force, and working with other mayors to crack down on illegal guns.

Menendez also put in a plug for Healy's council running mates, especially for Ward C candidate Nidia R. Lopez, who, if elected, would be the city's first Hispanic councilwoman.

Posted on: 2009/5/5 23:19

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017