Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 137

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: NJ Attorney General - Corruption Is Charged Over a Common Practice
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/19 21:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DanL wrote:

"Richardson said she was contacted by Healy three weeks before the announcement about joining his ticket, but it didn't work out.

"When he asked me, I said that I would definitely think about it, but there were certain conditions that we had to work out beforehand," said Richardson. One of those conditions was that Richardson's son-in-law, an employee of the city's Division of Commerce would be considered for the position of director when former director Lenny Grenier stepped down on Jan. 31. But the position ended up going to another person."
"Even Willie Flood, who ran for mayor against Healy in the November special election, was not seen as a surprise candidate when she received Healy's endorsement for an at-large seat at a luncheon last Saturday at the Liberty House Restaurant.

"We met, and he asked me if I would run with him," she said. "I agreed, but I wanted to make sure that the young people who worked on my campaign would be offered some kind of employment since they worked for no money." Flood said the employment would either be on a city or county administrative level."

Quote:

From the NYT article: Mr. Rabner said he expected that his office would handle a range of corruption cases, from small town conflicts of interest to major fraud and bribery cases.

?I think, to the public, there?s no right amount of corruption to tolerate,? he said.

Clearly, Jersey City voters see it differently than Mr. Rabner, as both Richardson and Flood were elected.

Posted on: 2006/11/22 21:22

NJ Attorney General - Corruption Is Charged Over a Common Practice
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
In a press release and NY Times article today, NJ Attorney General Stuart Rabner announced the indictment of the mayor of a small Salem County community on charges of offering a political opponent two municipal jobs if he would drop out of this month?s race.

See - Corruption Is Charged Over a Common Practice

During the Jersey City municipal elections in 2005, two council candidates, now councilwomen publically demanded jobs for relatives/workers in return for supporting Mayor Healy's campaign for a full term -

"Richardson said she was contacted by Healy three weeks before the announcement about joining his ticket, but it didn't work out.

"When he asked me, I said that I would definitely think about it, but there were certain conditions that we had to work out beforehand," said Richardson. One of those conditions was that Richardson's son-in-law, an employee of the city's Division of Commerce would be considered for the position of director when former director Lenny Grenier stepped down on Jan. 31. But the position ended up going to another person."

"Even Willie Flood, who ran for mayor against Healy in the November special election, was not seen as a surprise candidate when she received Healy's endorsement for an at-large seat at a luncheon last Saturday at the Liberty House Restaurant. Flood previously ran on a ticket fielded by Healy when he was a candidate for mayor in 1997 against incumbent Bret Schundler. Flood said at the luncheon that a deal was made with Healy in the months after the November special election, allowing for her to run on his slate.

"We met, and he asked me if I would run with him," she said. "I agreed, but I wanted to make sure that the young people who worked on my campaign would be offered some kind of employment since they worked for no money." Flood said the employment would either be on a city or county administrative level."

These quotes are from the Jersey City Reporter article of 2/20/2005-

Announcements for mayor, council seats spur intrigue

Posted on: 2006/11/22 16:23

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017