Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Excellent link to all of Downtown's Projects
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/27 4:28
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I sincerely think Jersey City is in dire need of some luxury condos. If only they built some of those, we'd be set!

Posted on: 2006/9/8 1:56

Hide User information
Last Login :
2006/11/8 20:38
Group:
Registered Users
So much development everywhere but what's up with that vacant lot on Newark Ave across from Oasis and next to North Fork Bank? That lot has been vacant for at least three years and has turned in to an informal dog park.

I remember seeing maybe two years ago the plans to turn it into an apartment complex but I guess that was just an artist's renderring?

Posted on: 2006/9/7 15:37

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/8/19 1:13
Group:
Registered Users
Despite myself - the ugliness of the buildings and the poor planning upset me - I enjoy hearing about all the new development also. Our demographics are changing as a result and I look forward to new and prosperous people moving in and creating markets for better stores and interesting events. Am I that bad a person because I look forward to not seeing bums and litter when I exit the Grove escalators?

One thing I really miss are the annual developer fairs that use to take place in Harborside - many of the developers had reps and information and the city and several non-profit institutions were there to tell people about what was going on.

Since I will soon retire - 25 more days of work! - my personal concern about PATH overcrowding is not at the top of my list. but I hope it is being considered. Perhaps PATH and local employers could create an incentive program to encourage living and working in JC. Maybe the the state of NJ could come to employers and offer seminars on the tax advantage of same state living and working?

Posted on: 2006/9/7 14:31

Edited by AlanSommerman on 2006/9/7 14:51:08
Yes,we have no bananas.
(Silver & Cohn, 1923)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/9 13:22
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for posting the site. I'm liking all the new plans for development in our area.
I recall a Christmas party on a boat cruise where employees from various parts of NY all ran to the windows to check out Exchange Place, Harborside and Newport.... and all to their amazement of how it has changed.... and they were delighted to see it.

It's great to know that this area is being cleaned up, brightened up and is going to bring in many new faces.

Welcome.

Posted on: 2006/9/7 10:52

Excellent link to all of Downtown's Projects
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/22 0:12
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2006/9/7 9:59

[Advanced Search]