Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
169 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 169

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Senator John F. Kennedy Journal Square speech Nov 6, 1960…
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Get out and VOTE polls close at 8:00 pm

Resized Image

pinterest

Posted on: 2017/11/7 19:48

Senator John F. Kennedy Journal Square speech Nov 6, 1960…
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Did you know that Senator John F. Kennedy had campaign stops in JC? (if you read my post 4 years ago you probably did..lol) One at the Armory 9/15/1960 and one at Journal Square 11/6/1960 two days before he was elected President Kennedy on 11/8/1960. If you read the speeches you can see how important the vote was in Hudson County and Jersey City at one time. Back then everyone came out to vote. I remember my family getting dressed up to go vote, it was a big deal what a privilege.(I think my mom made me wear a new suit from Robert Hall) The turnout in HC and JC got Governors and even Presidents elected. Now we get around 20,000 people out of 140,000 registered JC voters to come out and vote. How sad it that? Please vote now.

??10 years ago as a Congressman I came to this city at 1 o'clock in the morning for a Democratic rally and you were all here then. I don't know whether you have left this hall in the last 10 years, but only in this city could they get a turnout for a Democratic candidate at 8 o'clock in the morning, or at midnight. That is the kind of a Democratic city to have. [Applause.]? JFK 9/15/1960 ARMORY JERSEY CITY

Remarks of Senator John F. Kennedy, Armory, Jersey City, NJ September 15, 1960

Full text? http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=74030

?This campaign is vitally important to the State of New Jersey, the State of New Jersey is vitally important to the country. This county may well determine what the State of New Jersey does, and the 14 electoral votes [response from the audience] - 16 electoral votes of New Jersey - this is the only audience that knows how many electoral votes they have. [Laughter and applause.] This must be a very politically active city. Is it? [Response from the audience.] There is a rumor to that effect. So it is 16 votes. That is even better. Those 16 votes may well determine who will be the next President of the United States. [Applause.]?JFK 11/6/1960 JOURNAL SQUARE JERSEY CITY.

Remarks of Senator John F. Kennedy, Journal Square, Jersey City, NJ November 6, 1960

Full text? http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=25666

Don?t forget to vote today? polls are open from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm.

You have two choices for the future of Jersey City?..

Team Matsikoudis [Laughter] or Team Fulop [Applause]

Posted on: 2017/11/7 13:02

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017