Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Republicans will push to loosen N.J. gun possession laws
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I'm on the fence about this - on the one hand, it's admirable NJ has such tough gun laws despite the NRA's lobbying and pressuring elected officials. I also hate to see any protections we may be afforded here in NJ watered down, considering so much of the country is starting to look like the Wild West.

On the other hand, the modifications they are proposing seem benign enough, and will have no effect one way or another on gun crime in JC. We aren't going to be shot by tourists who don't think to compare their gun laws to New Jersey's; we are more likely to be gun-downed by gang-bangers in GV.

Posted on: 2016/2/24 18:34

Re: Republicans will push to loosen N.J. gun possession laws
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
Why would responsible lawmakers, charged with protecting the rest of us, roll back sentencing on illegal gun carrying? its got the word "illegal" right there in the name. They are sighting the actor carrying a fake gun as being somehow related to this issue and it is NOT related. They also site people from out of state bringing their guns into New Jersey and call them "legal", but they are NOT legal in New Jersey. The gun owners are responsible for knowing the relevant laws concerning gun ownership in the states they want to travel through. I for one am very GLAD that there are consequences for bringing illegal guns into New Jersey. Idiot tourists bringing their guns with them alarm me and I wish to be protected from them.

Posted on: 2016/2/23 14:31

Republicans will push to loosen N.J. gun possession laws
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Republicans will push to loosen N.J. gun possession laws

By Brent Johnson | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
February 22, 2016 at 7:44 PM

TRENTON — Top Republicans in the state Assembly plan to unveil legislation Tuesday they say would help people charged in minor gun possession cases in New Jersey avoid unfair jail time.

State Assembly Minority Leader Jon Bramnick (R-Union) told NJ Advance Media that one bill would make it easier for prosecutors to reduce or change charges against someone accused of breaking a state gun possession law.

"The prosecutor can take into account certain things," Bramnick said of the measure, which is sponsored by Assemblyman Ronald Dancer (R-Ocean).

Under the other bill, Bramnick said, someone convicted of carrying a gun illegally in New Jersey would no longer face a mandatory three and a half year jail sentence.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... _gun_possession_laws.html

Posted on: 2016/2/23 1:58

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017