Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
61 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 61

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Jersey City woman declared dead in error fights back
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Tamara Laine, @ChasingTamara

Jersey City, New Jersey (My9NJ) -
According to the Social Security Administration, Medicaid, and TD Bank, Nancy Diaz died on April 2, 2015 -- only Nancy Diaz is not dead, she is alive and well, living in Jersey City.

"I am fighting for my life," Diaz said.

Diaz explained that she was notified that someone had reported her dead, after which her Social Security and Medicare benefits were halted and her bank account was frozen.

?? I went to speak to one of the teller?s and it was because they said that they got a letter from the Treasury that I had been deceased, that I had died,? Diaz stated.

Diaz added, ?They cut my medical, they cut my Medicaid, they cut everything, I have no money. I?m negative.?

However, she was able to get a letter from Social Security stating she was alive, which she could use to reopen her bank account, but TD Bank would not accept it.

Diaz was told she needed to get a copy of her bogus death certificate, find out who reported her death, find that person, and get them to provide a notarized letter stating she is alive.

?I went to City Hall to get the death certificate and they looked at me like I was crazy,? Diaz said.

After learning more about her story, City Hall asked for her to come back down and sit with the City Clerk, Robert Byrne.

More

Posted on: 2015/8/14 19:18

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017