Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
149 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 149

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City man finds century-old baseball card treasure inside wall of home
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
"Torres, who has lived in the apartment for 3 months."

Torres is the tenant? The cards are the property of the landlord.

Posted on: 2015/5/21 17:08

Jersey City man finds century-old baseball card treasure inside wall of home
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Trying to get rid of a family of raccoons living in a crawl space in his home, a city man says he came across what he hopes is the treasure find of a lifetime.

Drenched in sweat and sucking in dust, Rafeal Torres was at wit's end one day last week attempting to locate the group of critters whose cries had antagonized him and his family for weeks.

Then bad went to worse. The 34-year-old's cell phone fell through a crevasse and lodged behind a drywall in his Greenville Avenue apartment. There was only one way to get to it -- cut a hole in the wall of his daughter's bedroom and pull it out.

But the story has a happy ending. Besides finding the dusty cell phone, Torres pulled outs what experts say are thousands of dollars worth of nearly century-old baseball cards.

"When I cut the hole open immediately all this paper starts pouring out and I am like 'what is all this stuff?' so I grab a garbage can and I start shoveling all this stuff into the garbage," said Torres, who has lived in the apartment for 3 months. "But then something caught the corner of my eye. It was a piece of paper that said 'Babe.' "

Story

Posted on: 2015/5/21 16:14

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017