Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Red Cross giving out free smoke alarms
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Few declined outright. All seemed appreciative & we checked anyone & everyone's detectors whether they needed them or not. We spoke about the importance of having an escape plan should they be faced with a situation. I personally hawked the C.E.R.T. program & its importance to the community. Terrific day with terricfic people showing the community that they are cared about.

This is just great. Good job - thanks for caring!

Posted on: 2015/4/12 0:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
carbon monoxide is the silent killer, there was a triple death just last night smh

Posted on: 2015/4/11 23:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

Annod wrote:
I heard on NBC New York that the Red Cross is giving out free smoke alarms today. They will be in Greenville around 9:45AM. No exact location.

I found this on NJ.com.

Free Smoke Alarms, The American Red Cross and the City of Jersey City will be going door-to-door to offer free smoke alarms to one and two-family homes, City of Jersey City .

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... /community_notes_446.html

The American Red Cross with the help of Jersey City C.E.R.T. & the JCFD are mapping out neighborhoods. The goal is to hit every neighborhood in Jersey City. This is a nationwide initiative. A Greenville neighborhood was the starting point. We will go door-to-door asking if you have alarms, are they working, do you need alarms, etc. We will test your alarms & replace if necessary as well as install if you do not have any. Targeted neighborhoods will be notified by flyer when we will be in the area.

Today we installed 198 alarms. It's a good thing

Indeed! Great work - a very worthwhile initiative. How was the feedback? Was the community supportive of your efforts?

Few declined outright. All seemed appreciative & we checked anyone & everyone's detectors whether they needed them or not. We spoke about the importance of having an escape plan should they be faced with a situation. I personally hawked the C.E.R.T. program & its importance to the community. Terrific day with terricfic people showing the community that they are cared about.

Posted on: 2015/4/11 23:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

Annod wrote:
I heard on NBC New York that the Red Cross is giving out free smoke alarms today. They will be in Greenville around 9:45AM. No exact location.

I found this on NJ.com.

Free Smoke Alarms, The American Red Cross and the City of Jersey City will be going door-to-door to offer free smoke alarms to one and two-family homes, City of Jersey City .

The American Red Cross with the help of Jersey City C.E.R.T. & the JCFD are mapping out neighborhoods. The goal is to hit every neighborhood in Jersey City. This is a nationwide initiative. A Greenville neighborhood was the starting point. We will go door-to-door asking if you have alarms, are they working, do you need alarms, etc. We will test your alarms & replace if necessary as well as install if you do not have any. Targeted neighborhoods will be notified by flyer when we will be in the area.

Indeed! Great work - a very worthwhile initiative. How was the feedback? Was the community supportive of your efforts?

Posted on: 2015/4/11 22:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Annod wrote:

I found this on NJ.com.

Posted on: 2015/4/11 22:02

Red Cross giving out free smoke alarms
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users

I found this on NJ.com.

Posted on: 2015/4/11 13:44

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017