Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City Board of Education Title I Meeting
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/11 10:27
Group:
Registered Users
Title I Meeting
January 21, 2015
6:00 PM

346 Claremont Avenue
Jersey City NJ

Posted on: 2015/1/21 21:10

Jersey City Board of Education Title I Meeting
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/11 10:27
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City Board of Education Title I Meeting
January 21, 2015
6:00 PM

346 Claremont Avenue
Jersey City NJ

We Need Parent Involvement

What is Title I?
Title I is a federal program under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) as reauthorized by the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 (NCLB). Title I covers the fiscal and program requirements for improving the academic achievement of students who attend schools eligible for Title I. The purpose of Title I is to ensure that all children have a fair, equal, and significant opportunity to obtain a high-quality education and reach, at a minimum, proficiency on challenging State academic achievement standards and state academic assessments.

How do schools receive Title I funds?
The New Jersey Department of Education performs calculations based on census and poverty data in the district and in each school. Based on federal guidelines the district must identify all eligible schools using the most current enrollment and poverty data. You can review your district?s Title I Grant application in its entirety by following directions available at: http://www.nj.gov/education/title1/program/ss/eweg.shtml.

What are the parental involvement requirements for a Title I district and school?
Each district that receives Title I, Part A funds must develop a written parental involvement policy that establishes the district?s expectations for parental involvement. The district policy must be developed jointly with, and agreed upon with, the parents of children participating in Title I, Part A programs and distributed to parents of all children participating in Title I, Part A programs. [Section 1118(a)(2), ESEA.] School-Parent-Student compacts must also be developed in partnership with parents that outline the responsibilities for all three parties in the educational process. Communication efforts must be ongoing and sustained and encourage parental involvement in many facets of the planning, development, and implementation stages.

A List of the Required Title I Parent Notification and Documentation Includes:
Written parent involvement policies, developed in collaboration with parents of participating Title I students.

The school and parents of participating students jointly develop a school-parent-student compact, which defines the shared responsibility for improving student academic achievement.
Parents are notified at the beginning of the school year of their right to know the qualifications of their child's teachers and paraprofessionals.
Parents of limited English proficient children placed in a language instruction educational program must be notified, no later than 30 days after the start of the school year, of the reason for their child?s placement and the child's level of proficiency.
Parents of students enrolled in a Title I Targeted Assistance school must be notified that their child has been identified as eligible to receive Title I services based on a specific entrance criteria.
Parents must be notified promptly if their child's school has been designated as a ?school in need of improvement.?
Parents must be notified of their right to request intradistrict public school choice (option to move to a higher performing school in the district school, if available).
Parents of income eligible students who attend a Title I school identified as in need of improvement must be notified of the availability of supplemental educational services (SES), including the list of SES providers and/or the link to the list of SES providers on the NJDOE web site.

Posted on: 2015/1/20 15:34

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017