Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Jersey City men charged after one ditches suspected 'USA' heroin: cops
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Patrick Villanova | The Jersey Journal

Two Jersey City men were arrested and charged with various drug offenses Sunday afternoon when police observed an apparent drug transaction involving suspected heroin stamped with a "USA" logo.

Sadiq Khalid, 41, and Alanson Jackson Jr., 55, were both arrested just before 1 p.m. in an area known for drug trafficking, police said.

At around 12:48, police conducting surveillance spotted a man -- later identified as Jackson -- standing on the southeast corner of Orient and Rose avenues, speaking with a group of men, a police report stated.

Police overheard Jackson, a Union Street resident, say, "I just called my man and he is on his way," the report said.

About six minutes later, police observed another man -- later identified as Khalid -- arrive and be approached by Jackson, who signaled to the group to come across the street, police said.

Khalid, a Marin Boulevard resident, began to hand the men objects while Jackson stood watch, looking up and down the street. But when additional police units arrived, cops saw Jackson quickly whisper something to Khalid, prompting both men to walk north on Rose across Orient at a quick pace, authorities said.

When officers exited their vehicles to follow the two men, Khalid tossed 24 glassine bags stamped with the logo "USA," all containing suspected heroin, police said, adding that a search of Khalid's shorts pocket turned up an additional 24 bags of suspected heroin.

Both men were apprehended soon after, as police seized $60 in cash from Khalid, and $6 in cash from Jackson -- all suspected proceeds from drug sales, police said.

More

Posted on: 2014/7/24 17:28

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017