Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Michael Galdieri, 52, Stabbed to Death at 158 Mallory - Home Set Afire
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
This guy had a drug problem and was involved in county politics, he probably had many enemies.

Posted on: 2014/5/26 12:36
ಠ_ಠ

Re: Michael Galdieri, 52, Stabbed to Death at 158 Mallory - Home Set Afire
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Any leads yet?
I kno there's cameras in the area so it's only a matter of time.
Was there any damage done downstairs to the salon?

Posted on: 2014/5/26 11:36

Michael Galdieri, 52, Stabbed to Death at 158 Mallory - Home Set Afire
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey Journal Story

The Jersey City man found dead in a fire at his home last night was stabbed to death, the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office said tonight.

Michael Galdieri, 52, was found dead in his second-floor apartment at 158 Mallory Ave. last night after firefighters responded to the 9:30 p.m. blaze. Galdieri, who was alone on the building, was pronounced dead at approximately 10:35 p.m., Hudson County Acting Prosecutor Gaetano T. Gregory said.

The state regional Medical Examiner determined this afternoon that the cause of death was multiple stab wounds, Gregory said in a news release. The preliminary arson investigation determined that the origin of the fire was on the second floor.

The Hudson County Prosecutor's Office is investigating Galdieri's death, with assistance from the Jersey City police and fire departments, Gregory said. No arrests have been made and a motive has not been determined, the prosecutor said.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Hudson County Prosecutor?s Office Homicide Unit at 201-915-1345 or by email at hcpotips@hcpo.org. All contacts will be kept confidential.

Earlier today Galdieri was remembered by Hudson County Freeholder Bill O'Dea and Jersey City Councilman Khemraj "Chico" Ramchal as a good guy who was active politically and in the community.

Ramchal told The Jersey Journal he remembered going to Galdieri's apartment during the recovery effort for Hurricane Sandy to collect clothes that Galdieri wanted to donate to those affected by the storm.

"He's a kind-hearted person, outspoken, helped out in the neighborhood," Ramchal said. "It's a tragedy."

Hudson County Freeholder Bill O'Dea said earlier this afternoon that Galdieri -- the son of the late former state Sen. James Galdieri -- worked on former Assemblyman Lou Manzo's campaign and helped out in Bret Schundler's campaign for mayor in 1993.

Galdieri also worked as a political operative on a regular basis in a number of other campaigns, and he helped Steve Lipski successfully run for Ward C Councilman in the 1990s, Cunningham said.

"He (was) a friendly, regular guy," O'Dea said. "He only lived a block away from where I lived. I'd bump into him just getting a newspaper."

Both O'Dea and Ramchal said said they didn't know why anyone would have anything against Galdieri.

"If there's something that someone did to him, it's sickening," Ramchal said. "I don't know why anyone would do something like that."

Posted on: 2014/5/24 0:02

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017