Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Jersey City Medical Center charged with Managerial MalPractice
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/23 19:32
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.afscme.org/blog/management ... actice-in-labor-relations
Jersey City, N.J. ? The Jersey City Medical Center engaged in unlawful acts against AFSCME workers when it terminated them for supporting their union, refused to recognize AFSCME as the representative of more than 600 of the center?s employees, and bargained in bad faith by imposing its own contract.

Now, the National Labor Relations Board sided with AFSCME Council 52, issuing complaints against the Jersey City Medical Center on several unfair labor practices. These complaints are similar to an indictment of the medical center?s management for engaging in unlawful acts against AFSCME and its members, who belong to Locals 2254 and 3680.

?For over a year, we have fought against the anti-union, anti-worker plan at the Medical Center to deny our members their rights,? said Rich Gollin, AFSCME Council 52 executive director. ?By issuing these complaints of unlawful acts, the NLRB has given new hope to the workers that the mistreatment they have endured might soon be over.?

Though Jersey City Medical Center workers negotiated in good faith, CEO Joe Scott chose to ignore more than 35 years of collective bargaining history and instead imposed his own contract.

?In all my years, I?ve never seen such a blatant disregard for workers? rights,? Gollin said. ?Joe Scott?s refusal to recognize the workers? right to have a union and the use of his management staff to promote an anti-worker agenda is deplorable. The NLRB agreed these acts were unlawful.?

The case is set to be heard before an NLRB administrative law judge on March 19.

Posted on: 2014/2/9 18:17

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017