Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
155 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 155

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Calling all McGinley Square residents!

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/4 7:05
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you for the links!

Beginning another community page is not a means to usurp the work of the existing organizers of the Facebook group. While I've been a long time resident (since 1983) of McGinley Sq., I've never seen the Facebook group page until your link. The goal is to exhaust every avenue possible to ensure that all residents have a means to participate. If this is helpful, then by all means, it should be pursued until exhausted.

An advantage I see in the user interface of Nextdoor.com is that it is easy to engage with surrounding Jersey City neighborhoods, as well. This is not a feature that the Facebook group page has.

I highly encourage heavy collaboration between the members of the McGinley Sq. Facebook page, and the nextdoor.com site in the near future. I've requested membership, but it seems I am still pending approval.

Posted on: 2014/2/7 18:45

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Hello,

I've gone ahead and made adjustments, but have found that there may be some limitations in residencies. While I've gone ahead and requested the adjustment, please let me know if your residence is still not covered. Thank you for notifying me of the incorrect boundaries.

Posted on: 2014/2/7 18:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

itgirl wrote:
I'd love to join, but those who created the portal may not know that McGinley Square ends at Fairview. There are a lot of neighbors on Duncan Avenue who are active in the community. Can we be included?

Yep, you need to expand out to at least Fairview. We on Duncan/JFK are already really active. You also should find the Facebook groups for the area - there is an active one for McGinley Sq. here. And its already pretty helpful. Also, there are FB groups for Ward B & Ward C which also relate to this area.

I applaud you for launching this, but please convince me why we need this new/extra site when the FB groups mentioned above are getting good traffic.

Posted on: 2014/2/7 0:02

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/3 21:06
Group:
Registered Users
I'd love to join, but those who created the portal may not know that McGinley Square ends at Fairview. There are a lot of neighbors on Duncan Avenue who are active in the community. Can we be included?

Posted on: 2014/2/6 23:56

Calling all McGinley Square residents!

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Starting a new portal at https://mcginleysquare.nextdoor.com for those who reside in the McGinley Square area.

It would be a great first step for our neighborhood so that we can work together to improve it. Please sign up or share the link with anyone you know who may live in areas surrounding St. Aedan's Church, HUdson Catholic High School, Bergen & Montgomery, Highland Ave., Glenwood Ave - wherever!

Thanks everyone!
https://mcginleysquare.nextdoor.com

Posted on: 2014/2/6 23:49

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017