Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
150 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 150

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Article on "I <3 Jersey City" tote bags in Jersey Journal!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/28 17:32
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Woman turns local pride into 'Jersey City Made' tote bags By Kate Kowsh/The Jersey Journal Follow on Twitter on June 28, 2013 at 9:00 AM, updated June 28, 2013 at 9:17 AM Using her sense of local pride as inspiration, Jersey City resident Karen Galli, 39, has created a line of "Jersey City Made" tote bags. Galli, who has lived near the Van Vorst Park neighborhood for the past three years, got the inspiration to create her "I <3 Jersey City" logos on cotton canvas tote bags after looking around for something like them, but coming up short. "I was thinking about how I've just been looking for, like, a Jersey City logo to buy in the neighborhood, and I just couldn't find any," she explained. "If I found something that was nice, it was, like way too nice for me to go grocery shopping with." Previously a Brooklyn resident, Galli added that she was happy to experience the camaraderie Jersey City residents experience. "I feel moved by the sense of community that the residents have here," she added. "It makes me want to showcase how much I love Jersey City too." A training and development consultant by day, Galli explained that she sells the totes for $20 on her blog, www.kagalli128.com, which is a project nshe started as an outlet for her creative side, she said. Galli added that she hopes to also feature other local artists' Jersey City-centric projects and designs on the site in the near future. "I'm sure that there are a lot of people just like me, who at some point, were very creative, and then they had careers in other fields, but still have this little itch to do something creative," she said. "I'm hoping that it (the site) becomes, like a mini Etsy for Jersey City." http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... s_local_pride_into_j.html

Posted on: 2013/6/28 16:56

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017