Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Area on West end of Washington Park - How is it?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
http://riverviewneighborhood.org/
http://www.wpanj.org/
http://heightshope.webs.com/
J.C. North District Police Captain?s Meeting meets at 7:00pm on the third every Wednesday of the month at PS #7 School 222 Laidlaw Ave.
Pick one of the block associations above along with the Captain?s meeting, attend both.
Sam the better is much better west of Kennedy. It has more residential homeowners with more two family homes.
I bike all over the Heights and never feel worried, plus there are so many stores and places to eat that are actually good and reasonable.
If you are going to stick to the Heights stay on the west side of Kennedy Blvd. plus the area towards the north end of J.C is more appealing. The area between Summit Ave. to Kennedy Blvd. from Pershing Field Park to Mosquito Park is quiet and relaxing.
As I have stated before immerse yourself into the community before you settle down.
You can PM me if you have more questions.

Posted on: 2013/6/28 17:54
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/2 2:11
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the feedback, Heights.
The couple of times I have been in the area, some blocks have a gritty feel. But, wasn't sure if there was a better side that I just was not seeing. Looked like there's an active Washington Park Association and community groups; but not sure if they feel like they are swimming against the tide in trying to make improvements.

Was told it gets better if you go West of the Kennedy Boulevard. But not sure how narrow the "better" area is??

Welcome all comments.

Posted on: 2013/6/28 17:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
I find it gritty, low rent, gang like, seedy, and problematic. That area is frequently in the news for crime, I would ride the area periodicaly just to get an idea on what it's like to live there. That area between Congress and Hague/the park and Kennedy Blvd. is questionable. Also if you had to ask....it must be a gut feeling. Try the Western Slope or around the Reservoir and Pershing Field Park.

Posted on: 2013/6/28 10:44
Get on your bikes and ride !

Area on West end of Washington Park - How is it?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/2 2:11
Group:
Registered Users
Curious how the area around the West end of Washington Park is (e.g., Central/Summit & North / Graham / Congress) ? Nice or gritty? Safe or not so safe at night? Any supermarkets nearby (other than Hoboken's Shoprite)? On the upswing or downswing? Would you recommend the area to someone you really, really like or tell them to buy elsewhere? All feedback is appreciated.

Posted on: 2013/6/28 3:41

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017