Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
64 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 64

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City - downtown/paulus hook nanny questions
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/6 21:33
Group:
Banned
Speaking from first hand experience...

Use care.com for your Nanny search. You will have to pay a nominal fee (essentially keeps the weirdos out) to access the site. Nanny's post their profiles and then you can choose which ones you want to contact to interview. Care.com will also perform the background and criminal check and provide you with the results. They essentially check every county court in the USA. You may want a more extensive background check if your care giver recently arrived in the USA.

Also, you get what you pay for... we had a Nanny who was relatively inexpensive (close to $11/hour), but we eventually had to let her go. If you can afford it, target the experienced nanny's in the $15-$20/hour range. Ultimately, this Nanny has the most important job in the world... taking care of your kids... Don't be cheap!!!

Lastly, please make sure the nanny speaks English and is in the US legally. I have heard of instances where illegal immigrants are afraid to call 911 in an emergency because they are afraid of getting in trouble/deported.

Good luck!!!

Posted on: 2013/3/6 14:45

Re: Jersey City - downtown/paulus hook nanny questions
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/5 21:40
Group:
Registered Users
Well congratulations I suppose. I've seen nanny's charge $10-$15 per hour, especially for part time work. We had a nanny who did $100 for 10 hour days and also did light housework including walking the dog and making the beds.

What I have learned is that there are plenty of hard working childcare people in JC who would happily work for minimum wage. I've talked to people who work at some of the less expensive day care places and hear stories of them wanting to get a nanny job. Unfortunately, finding them is word of mouth.

I would try craigslist.

There are contracts you could borrow if you google. If you wanted to do it really right, you'd probably need a labor lawyer to draw up a contract and an accountant to handle the payroll matters.

Posted on: 2013/3/6 14:04

Jersey City - downtown/paulus hook nanny questions
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/1/10 1:54
Group:
Registered Users
Hey all...

Pretty new to this topic, but since we have a 1yr old and twins on the way, it's time for us to start looking hard at it.

Our baby will be close to 1.5yrs old when the twins arrive. The questions I have are thus:

What are the typical rates for a FT nanny (non live in) for 2 new infants and a toddler. I know people on many sites are listed in the $10-$20hr rate, but what does a full time gig really garner?

My wife will be at home for the foreseeable future post delivery, so this is going to initially be a mommy's helper for mom when she gets overwhelmed with the 3 kids at the beginning. Then when work thoughts return, it will be more of a straight full nanny coverage role for the 3.

I'm not sure a nanny share would work since we have 3 kids. Anybody have any input here?

Obviously, references are a must, but how does one set up a contract for childcare with a nanny. auuughhh it's already overwhelming for me.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted on: 2013/3/6 0:17

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017