Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: United Water to shut down aqueduct in Jersey City for maintenance

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/16 23:08
Group:
Registered Users
My block had a water shutoff this morning. A United Water truck was outside messing with the hydrants. Surly United Water employee said to call their office.

After a long wait the United Water customer service rep said they're doing work and will have brief shutoffs all over the city, but that customers were supposed to be notified. Who was supposed to notify us? Either the Mayor of the MUA, they weren't sure, but it's basically the same thing since the Mayor's buddies are the Municipal Utilities Authority.

Another example of city government performing at its peak.

Posted on: 2012/10/4 15:35

Re: United Water to shut down aqueduct in Jersey City for maintenance
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/4 2:19
Group:
Registered Users
I was wondering why the water had this brackish taste while brushing my teeth lately...

Posted on: 2012/10/4 12:43

United Water to shut down aqueduct in Jersey City for maintenance
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
United Water to shut down aqueduct in Jersey City for maintenance

October 02, 2012, 8:33 PM
By Anthony J. Machcinski/The Jersey Journal

United Water announced today that it will be shutting down Jersey City's water supply aqueduct from Oct. 9 through Nov. 19.

The company said that the shutdown will allow United Water to inspect and perform maintenance on parts of the 100-year-old tunnel system that provides water to Jersey City and Hoboken.

Residents will instead receive water from the Passaic Valley Water Commission and North Jersey District Water Supply Commission through the Newark Interconnection.

"This work is part of a routine maintenance that is typically performed every 2-3 years," said John Hroncich, operations manager for United Water. "This will help us ensure water quality and service reliability."

United Water is warning residents that they may experience discolored water at the beginning and end of the shutdown, citing a harmless buildup of minerals in the water mains. The company is advising residents to let water run clear before using it for drinking, cooking, or washing clothes.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... er_to_shut_down_wate.html

Posted on: 2012/10/4 2:05

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017