Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
82 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 82

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Car flattened hydrant this AM - wha hoppen?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/3/15 20:01
From Downtown - H.P. area
Group:
Registered Users
Let's see. Car A speeding north on Monmouth doing 30-35 because he has no stop signs at that point so he figures it's more or less a freeway, regardless of the intersections and crosswalks. Car B on Pavonia doing one of those rolling stops at the intersection, can't see car A coming up Monmouth because of the behemoth SUV parked on the corner, goes through the intersection right in front of car A. Car A swerves to the right just in time to miss the back end of car B but not, unfortunately, the hydrant or the two signposts that were knocked over.

I'd almost put money on that.

Posted on: 2012/7/23 16:46

Re: Car flattened hydrant this AM - wha hoppen?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/20 17:57
Group:
Registered Users
Sounds like a run of the mill accident...yes, probably due to excessive speed. Happens every day. Sounds like there were no serious injuries, thankfully.

Posted on: 2012/7/21 17:52

Car flattened hydrant this AM - wha hoppen?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/7 13:33
From Monmouth St.
Group:
Registered Users
I live near the corner of Monmouth and Pavonia and was awoken around 6am today by the sound of skidding and impact of one or two cars at that intersection. It was raining lightly. I heard help arrive before my groggy brain could comprehend things, so I toddled back to bed. Around 7:30-8am there was a crew out there replacing the fire hydrant. Yikes! Flattening a hydrant??

I'm sure speeding was perpetrated and maybe two cars were in play, but I heard no arguing so maybe it was just one jerk speeding up Monmouth while texting. Anyone know what happened?

Posted on: 2012/7/21 3:02

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017