Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

PATH Midday Schedules, Transfers
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Have you ever noticed while trying to get from Hoboken to Grove Street, Journal Square or further west during midday hours seems to take forever? (Or in some cases, the opposite direction)?

There is a good reason for it. The trains are scheduled to arrive at the transfer points at the exact same time. Literally, Journal Square bound trains and trains originating in Hoboken headed for WTC are due to arrive in Newport at the exact same time; and trains from Newark and Hoboken headed towards the WTC are scheduled to arrive at Exchange Place at the exact same time. Two trains can't occupy the same platform at the same time.

The result is that very often the Hoboken train misses the connecting train to Journal Square or to Newark, meaning passengers end up waiting the full duration between trains to complete their transfer. (I expect the reverse is true, originating in Jersey City trying to get to Hoboken, but haven't looked at schedules in that direction.)

Anyway, long story short, I raised this issue through http://www.panynj.gov/path/contact.html and received a reply that they will review it in the coming weeks. But I figured it probably can't hurt if anyone else who sometimes relies on these transfers also raises the issue.

If you look at the PATH schedules, midday train incongruities arise with the train departing Hoboken at 9 minutes after the hour scheduled to arrive at Newport at 12 minutes after the hour, the same time the train leaving 33rd (57 minutes after the previous hour) is scheduled to arrive. One of those trains will be late, and if its the Hoboken train, the next transfer train doesn't come for another 10 minutes.

The trains leaving Hoboken at 57 after the hour is scheduled to arrive at Exchange place at 3 minutes after the hour, the same time as the train leaving Newark; again, the result is missing the connection to the train that is headed back west.

These are two inconsistencies I found. I suspect they would also happen in the opposite direction and might happen at other times.

Posted on: 2012/2/3 2:50

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017