Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
163 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 163

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Thinking about opening a restaurant / bar
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/8 14:56
Group:
Banned
^^^^ maybe you should join him, that seems interesting to me and could add a little more diversity to that area. I mean i live in the Heights and like to travel to downtown just to eat but it has been getting somewhat routine. I'm sure looking for new spots to eat so this would definitely get my attention.

Also, i know this is far fetched by can anyone open up an actual night club, for people who want to dance and go out and have fun besides a restaurant and bar. I am not knocking anyone down who wants to open an establishment like a restaurant/bar, that is just as good, But has anyone figured we need some YOUNG night life in the city. and please don't tell me that " well hbk and ny have them so there is no need". The whole point is to bring people INTO JC, not leave.

Posted on: 2011/4/5 16:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/23 15:50
From jazzy city
Group:
Registered Users
^ this

Posted on: 2011/4/5 16:06

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/4/5 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I was thinking something along the lines of affordable gastropub. Something i can franchise later on. I have a location in mind (grove st / newark ave area).

I need a partner to run the place. I would help but, it won't be my full-time job. If anyone is interested in being a restauranteur, email me barrowbeerguy@yahoo.com.

Chris

Posted on: 2011/4/5 16:04

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/30 17:43
Group:
Registered Users
I think you have to take a look at the competition in your location and determine what the needs are. At this point and time JC is a downtown of disperate neighborhoods. Paulus Hook, Hamilton Park, Grove Street and Van Vorst.

For the most part people frequent those places closest to their homes. Their are very few "destination" restaurants I would say. There are a few but not really.

Things we have plenty of --- Asian Fusion and sushi. There are quite a few good pubish places --- Hamilton Inn, Light Horse, Skinners Loft, The Merchant.

I would love a great spanish/Portuguese tapas restaurants, with a solid wine selection. Perhaps some of the up and coming peruvian and or chilean wines.

I also would love something like Satis, but more focused. A salumeri, with small hot dishes (micro plates of veal meatballs) and solid cheeses and panini. Kind of like a small cafe you might see in Florence.

Finally, the new american gastro pub with a solid brunch and solid vegetarian options. You dont need to be a pure play vegan restaurant to sell an awesome tofu scramble. Something farm to table would be interesting. Especially given the desire for sustainability and organic ingredients. You already have places like the downtown food co-op stepping up to meet that demand, so perhaps a restaurant.

Just some ideas. I am local foodie and would be happy to bounce around some ideas with you if you are looking for a bit of creative bantor.

I think its about fit a niche, delivering on it well from a solid and innovative menu and top notch service. You have in JC, a growing creative class in downtown, but a city that also has deep roots beyond its newest residents. Their are the moms and dads of Paulus Hook and other surrounding areas.

It would be an ideal marketing plan to reach all those folks, but can you? Create something unique and distinctive, that all can appreciate and grow it so its not just your local go to, but a destination for folks outside of its immediate proximity.

Posted on: 2011/4/5 15:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/23 15:50
From jazzy city
Group:
Registered Users
open a vegan restaurant with a bar and serve brunch

Posted on: 2011/4/5 15:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Chris, aren't there a couple of vacant spots on Newark Ave? How about Grove Street? I think that would be an even better location. It'd be nice if you could replace one of those crappy grocery stores/money transfer places. I know that Steve Fulop would be a huge proponent of that.

Posted on: 2011/4/5 14:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/8 14:56
Group:
Banned
I'm not interested...well i am but i have NO idea about opening an establishment, but i hope everything goes great. It will probably take some time considering the ordinances for a bar/restaurant. But anything new opening up is a BIG plus in my books, so long as it is not a 99 cent store even though they are useful.

I'll be looking forward to future posts from you about how it's coming along.

Best of Luck

Posted on: 2011/4/5 1:57

Thinking about opening a restaurant / bar

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/4/5 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
I"ve been talking to someone for the last few weeks about opening a bar restaurant downtown. Is anyone interested in partnering? If you are interested, please email me @barrowbeerguy@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Chris

Posted on: 2011/4/5 1:38

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact