Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

St. Mary's High School
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/25 7:33
Group:
Registered Users
I am writing this as someone who grew up in Jersey City and had the fortune of attending an all-girl's academy. The education, along with its emphasis on morality and values, was invaluable. That was over 20 years ago.

Those days are over.

I am highly recommending that parents look into St. Mary's High School. I don't know what it was like 20 years ago because it was never on my radar. I can say that the way it is run today will thoroughly shock you. It is a close-knit community of good-natured, well-behaved kids, some of whom pay for their own tuition by working after-school jobs. It is headed and staffed by a dedicated and kind administration with zero tolerance for bullying. The summer reading requirements are on the same level as the more expensive schools in the city, and the teachers are far more dedicated than what I've observed at a long-standing all-girls academy that I won't name.

It is a small friendly place. I think that what it lacks is a competitive academic reputation, which could easily be turned around simply by attendance of students with a stronger academic background. This place is really a gem. I hope people give it at least a look. Many of the other high schools with long histories in this city are surviving on reputation alone, but they're not living up to that reputation any longer. St. Peter's Prep is the exception...I believe it's as good as it always was.

Good luck to all.

Posted on: 2010/7/3 22:17

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017