Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
132 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 132

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bayonne Woman Shot Dead in Marion Section
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/21 19:53
Group:
Registered Users
Bayonne woman shot in head several times on Jersey City street before dawn

Friday, March 26, 2010
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A woman died after being shot multiple times in the head in Jersey City's Marion Section early yesterday, officials said.

Police responding on a 911 call of shots being fired on Logan Avenue near Wright Avenue at about 4:30 a.m. found the "adult female," tentatively identified as a Bayonne resident, lying face down next to a garbage can and a locked gate at the front of an alleyway between two buildings, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said.

"In close proximity to the victim's hand was a crumpled $20 bill, DeFazio said.

A resident across the street from where the body was found said he heard shots.

"I woke up when I heard two or three gunshots, and then I heard a thump that must have been the body falling," said the resident.

An autopsy performed at the state Regional Medical Examiner's Office in Newark found that the woman, who was pronounced dead at the scene, had been shot multiple times in the head.

Investigators have not yet determined the range at which the bullets were fired. No spent shells were found at the scene. She had no wallet, purse or identification on her.

The victim was fully clothed and wearing a fleece jacket, blue sweatpants and black boots, DeFazio said.

"We are interviewing individuals that may have some information, but at this point there is no suspect," said DeFazio, adding that the motive for the murder has not been determined. "Our first priority is identification of the victim," he said.

Police did not release the name of the victim because her next of kin had not yet been notified of her death.

Anyone with information on the murder is asked to call the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office's Homicide Squad at (201) 915-1345.

Posted on: 2010/3/26 16:20

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017