Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Downtown Bus Company And Central Avenue IBOA
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HudsonCity wrote:
Do you have memories of the old Downtown Bus Company which was based at 1 Oxford Avenue and operated the #5 and 6, the #31 and, I think, a crosstown service on Brunswick Street and the old Central Avenue IBOA which was based at 297 Communipaw Avenue and served Central, Baldwin, Garfield and Princeton Avenues and had a Western Slope branch that served Liberty Avenue?

I remember the old #6 called Lower J.C. I boarded the bus in the JSQ area to go down to 7th & Jersey. In order to get to the Square I would take the Central Ave bus from the initial departure stop on Secaucus Rd. and Summit up in the Heights, it also did a Western Slope run once every hour. It was a brown color bus I first rode the old (GM) General Motors "fish bowl" curved shaped bus with vertical windows, brown vinyl cushion seats and a frayed rope line buzzer that when yanked down would alert the driver of your stop, it also had the ching chang belt driven coin machine that had finger holes for each coin that resembled the drilled holes in a bowling ball. Then onto the more square shaped "modern" (GM) Bus where the windows were sleeker and slid horizontally, hard plastic seats, and it had air-conditioning. I miss them both (vehicles included).

Posted on: 2010/1/27 13:27

Downtown Bus Company And Central Avenue IBOA
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/23 2:17
Group:
Registered Users
Do you have memories of the old Downtown Bus Company which was based at 1 Oxford Avenue and operated the #5 and 6, the #31 and, I think, a crosstown service on Brunswick Street and the old Central Avenue IBOA which was based at 297 Communipaw Avenue and served Central, Baldwin, Garfield and Princeton Avenues and had a Western Slope branch that served Liberty Avenue?

Posted on: 2010/1/27 1:53

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017