Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
157 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 156

Re-Visitor, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Pick-up truck fire at 42 Bright Street @ Barrow St.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
eh. sorry.

btw the cars from B&B auto are often parked in front of those garages. so, maybe nobody owns them, or cares. or B&B does.

Posted on: 2009/6/11 17:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
pardon the delay...

25 feet?
Resized Image

gently used
Resized Image

leftovers
Resized Image

innocent victim
Resized Image

Posted on: 2009/6/11 17:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not really sure how to respond to your post, but I'm not going to respond point-by-point. The point of my post was to announce the car fire. It was quite an absurd site to see at 4am. I assure you I meant no offense. I honestly believe you've taken an innocent post about a truck fire and added, through speculation, several layers beyond my stated meaning. I also regret it disturbed you so much that you resorted to three or more personal attacks and insults. I am not shy about who I am. I use my real name here because I try to be honest and fair. And, unlike many others, I do not resort to personal attacks. I hope you can do the same. I never said BB was a chop shop. I never made any "accusations" at all. Perhaps I wondered if it was, but as this website is a legitimate forum for discussing local small businesses, that seems like a fair question. Especially in this town. Other posts suggest that about local car dealers. If I was not being honest and fair, it could only be by wondering if BB is a chop-chop. A local resident told me those garages are BB's. That's why I said that, whether it's true or not. Until just now, I also had no idea who runs it, what race they are, or anything else. So, as the other person vouched for the place and all, we're all a little bit wiser. Along with my post about the mattress truck fire, I took some time to note what I thought were a few other oddities about that segment of Bright Street in the shadow of so much real estate development, etc. Along with the old firehouse and the mechanic, there is the #3 Annex... also a falling-apart hanger-on from some time ago, though I did not mention it. I also did not mention the abandoned house which is next to an exquisite and overpriced set of condos, which heightens the contrast about that block. There is another boarded up building, but that's on Grand. There is also a crowded garage. There are other garages so I'm not sure which one you think I'm talking about, but the one I'm thinking of sometimes has the mattress truck out front. Altogether, it paints an interesting picture of a single block: an auto shop/ car dealer. A boarded-up house. The old #3 Annex. A few garages and such. And, right there, lots of overpriced condos including Liberty Harbor across Grand. Etc. It's a changing neighborhood, and Bright Street is still only half-touched. Etc. I never said anything about real animus against the mattress truck. People didn't like the look of it. I never suggested arson. I also never suggested anyone burn down the firehouse or the mechanic. I definitely do not support that. The mattress truck was a little unsightly, but it was just a little absurd and funny thing about this town, and not something anyone should immolate.

Posted on: 2009/5/18 0:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
epl wrote:

Quote:

B&B Auto Repair is not a chop shop. It is owned and run by Ron. He's a good honest mechanic and my family and I have known him for years. He & his dad have run the place for a very long time. Ron buys low end cars from auction and turns them around for profit (as he has done for years).

I'm glad to hear Ron is a nice guy, and a trustworthy mechanic. Those are hard to come by.

I don't own a car, and I never said he ran a chop shop, though I have heard low-end cars pass through there. I wondered (idly) about the place, and other than these posts, I have no basis for believing one way or the other.

Posted on: 2009/5/17 23:49

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/14 9:51
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
B&B Auto Repair is not a chop shop. It is owned and run by Ron. He's a good honest mechanic and my family and I have known him for years. He & his dad have run the place for a very long time. Ron buys low end cars from auction and turns them around for profit (as he has done for years).

Personally, Ron is a widower, father and grandfather. He was born and bred in Jersey City and his daughter is a Jersey City Police Officer.

Maybe you should drop by and say hello, you'll find that he's very approachable.

Posted on: 2009/5/17 5:55

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/17 3:55
Group:
Registered Users
Hey- what the hell is the point of your post?
Yes, there was a car fire early this morning.
Yes, it involved both the mattress truck and an older-model white car.

What the hell do you mean by "The owner might have a property or garage on Bright b/c I've seen a crowded mess over there."? I have never seen that vehicle parked on that block of bright street.

What the hell is the point of your observation that: "Also, there is a weird used car dealership (chop shop?) on the block as well. I'm not sure that's a financially sound use of the property. You can see their row of decrepit garages here. And I wonder if the property is grandfathered in for zoning purposes."

What is the bais for a) your belief/assertion that the garages along bright street are associated with the business to which you refer, other that he fact that they are located along bright street? What is the basis for your assumption that these garages are associated with the garage and not the properties on grand street that back up to them?

also, what is the basis for your suggestion that B and B auto is a "chop shop"? Why is this not slander? What makes you think this- I realize that this business is neither a) a manufacturer-affiliated dealership nor b) a meineike. It also, from what I can tell from walking by, is run by people who may not be white!!! What other info have you, sage poster, been able to discover upon which to base your accusations? Were I associated with this business, I would not take kindly to your pronouncements. More importantly, what the hell does one have to do with another? I guess that your post could be read to suggest that the fire in the mattress truck is somehow connected with some bias you claim the area residents may have had against it or its owner If that's the case, why do you identify the auto shop in your post- are you suggesting that it, too, be "dealt with"? Tool.

In the same vein, why do you mention the abandoned fire house next to 18? Are you suggesting that someone torch that?

Your post makes no sense and makes you seem like a complete tool and a douche.

I realize my spelling and grammar sucks, but I am a little toasty right now and I could not let your imbecilic post go un-commented upon.

Posted on: 2009/5/17 4:18

Pick-up truck fire at 42 Bright Street @ Barrow St.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
This morning at 4:30am I walked home to see a pick-up truck on fire. The flames were twenty to twenty-five feet in the air. I have pics.

At first they were licking the overhead wires, and then the wires snapped, falling onto the cars below. One car was a dinky white hatchback, and another is a newer, cherry red 5-door mini-SUV jobbah, with NY plates.

The burnt truck often carries around old mattresses and so forth. It picks up these old things and stacks them in the truck, which it parks on the corner... to the consternation of many... but no longer. The owner might have a property or garage on Bright b/c I've seen a crowded mess over there.

I'm not sure if the other cars will need to be towed, but the JCFD is out there now futzing around and wondering what happened, etc. Forensics etc. I reckon they'll be a while.

Also, there is a weird used car dealership (chop shop?) on the block as well. I'm not sure that's a financially sound use of the property. You can see their row of decrepit garages here. And I wonder if the property is grandfathered in for zoning purposes.

And an old firehouse, which I think the city recently tried to auction, is down by 18 Bright. Here. JCITY Theatre proposed converting that space to a theatre. See this PDF.

Posted on: 2009/5/16 13:53

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017