Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
127 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 127

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Veterans
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I would prefer they listen to the words of the mayor who should have honored them for their service, this was a special anniversary. I am glad Bayonne did honor the veterans for their service.

Posted on: 2014/6/7 17:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Yvonne, the veterans are listening to your every word !

Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/6/7 14:21
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/6/7 2:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/6/7 1:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It is also not a holiday when we honor the Puerto Rican parade, Irish parade, and the list can go on and on. Our politicians march in those parades. JC had a unique history with the plaque for ?Old Glory.?

Posted on: 2014/6/6 20:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
If a small town like Bayonne can have flags line the street in honor of veterans, why not JC. I saw a tattered flag in Journal Square which always fly there in pathetic shape. JC dropped the ball on this one. We honor ever ethnic group but we are silent on holidays that honors our country. Not every town had a monument that stated "Old Glory," but we did. This is the 70th anniversary. I doubt any veterans will be alive for the 80th.

There are events in JC that honor vets on holidays, such as Veterans Day and Memorial Day. Today is not a holiday.

Posted on: 2014/6/6 20:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If a small town like Bayonne can have flags line the street in honor of veterans, why not JC. I saw a tattered flag in Journal Square which always fly there in pathetic shape. JC dropped the ball on this one. We honor ever ethnic group but we are silent on holidays that honors our country. Not every town had a monument that stated "Old Glory," but we did. This is the 70th anniversary. I doubt any veterans will be alive for the 80th.

Posted on: 2014/6/6 19:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Lima17 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Today is the anniversary of the invasion of Normandy. Jersey City lost people to that invasion including former Mayor Cucci who lost a brother. Between World War 1 and 2 Jersey City residents have served and some have lost their lives. Mercer Street at one time had a plaque that said "Old Glory," due to the large number of people, basically immigrants who served and died in the wars. Lining the streets, I saw the flags flying proudly on Avenue C in Bayonne. Sadly, JC is doing nothing to honor those veterans.

Yvonne - Why do you specify WWI & WWII? JC residents have fought and lost loved ones in every war. What are your criteria on the battles we should give a special "honor" to? Will you be upset if there aren't flags up to honor Iwo Jima, or Gettysburg? How about the battle of Yorktown? I'm sure JC has a stake in those historic battles as well. .

I wouldn't look for logic or consistency from Yvonne. She gets off taking shots at this administration.

Mayor Fulop was recently in DC pushing for major reforms to how we take care of vets, but Yvonne is all bent out of shape about the lack of flags on our streets. Of course, if they did expense flags she would point out how incredible a waste of city money it is. Like the nice old lady who obsessively cleans up Grove Street from Montgomery to York, you need to just let these types of people be and not interfere.

Posted on: 2014/6/6 19:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Today is the anniversary of the invasion of Normandy. Jersey City lost people to that invasion including former Mayor Cucci who lost a brother. Between World War 1 and 2 Jersey City residents have served and some have lost their lives. Mercer Street at one time had a plaque that said "Old Glory," due to the large number of people, basically immigrants who served and died in the wars. Lining the streets, I saw the flags flying proudly on Avenue C in Bayonne. Sadly, JC is doing nothing to honor those veterans.

Yvonne - Why do you specify WWI & WWII? JC residents have fought and lost loved ones in every war. What are your criteria on the battles we should give a special "honor" to? Will you be upset if there aren't flags up to honor Iwo Jima, or Gettysburg? How about the battle of Yorktown? I'm sure JC has a stake in those historic battles as well. .

Posted on: 2014/6/6 19:09

Veterans
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/6/6 18:42

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017