Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City to shake up 911 dispatching system
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
In all fairness, we live in a time when everyone has a phone all the time everywhere. I am sure that when stuff like that accident happened they get many more calls then they would have in the past. Probably dozens of calls come in every time there is an incident in a public area. Not making excuses for rudeness and unprofessionalism in some cases but the only solution would be to add dozens more operators. Can the city afford that? I don't know if that is going to happen.

Posted on: 2013/9/18 3:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Some of those operators believe they are Judge Judy and based on their own opinion of a call, will or will not relay the information or need for emergency services to respond....I'd love to see an audit done on how calls are dealt with and how they are evaluated for a response.

Might be time to retire some operators and even to see if there was any ethical issues when they were given a job - nepotism / employment favors ?

Posted on: 2013/9/17 23:56
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/2/6 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
State officials may review Jersey City after reports of 911 problems

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal

The state office that oversees 911 call centers may investigate Jersey City thanks to a story in yesterday?s edition of The Jersey Journal that detailed problems callers have had reaching city 911 operators.

State regulations require all 911 calls be picked up within 10 seconds, or 20 seconds during heavy call periods. But callers have reported to The Jersey Journal that they have waited so long for 911 operators to pick up that sometimes they just hang up and wait for operators to call them back.

READ MORE

Posted on: 2013/9/17 21:38

Jersey City to shake up 911 dispatching system
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/2/6 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City to shake up 911 dispatching system after complaints no one picks up

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal

Jersey City says it plans to make changes to its 911 dispatching system after hearing complaints that calls to 911 can result in up to 30 rings before an operator answers.

The problem surfaced again in April when witnesses tried to report a pedestrian being struck and killed at Kennedy Boulevard and Fairmount Avenue.

READ MORE

Posted on: 2013/9/17 14:03

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017