Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
143 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 143

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: "Kitchen Cousins" duo to redevelop Jersey City police headquarters
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
That's a LOT of condos for one small parking lot's worth of space, smack in the middle of a neighborhood full of 3-to-5-story buildings. Just how tall is that thing gonna be?

Probably 5 stories. I don't know the zoning limits offhand, but I seriously doubt you can go any higher in that neighborhood.

yup. I've since learned it's going to be quite pretty, actually. my worries have been effectively squashed.

Posted on: 2013/2/7 0:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
That's a LOT of condos for one small parking lot's worth of space, smack in the middle of a neighborhood full of 3-to-5-story buildings. Just how tall is that thing gonna be?

Probably 5 stories. I don't know the zoning limits offhand, but I seriously doubt you can go any higher in that neighborhood.

Posted on: 2013/2/6 22:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
That sounds really great. I don't love how the newish building in my neighborhood (corner of Barrow and Wayne) blends in with the surrounding brownstones, but I think it looks *OK*, and it is so much better than an ugly parking lot.

Posted on: 2013/2/6 18:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
JCBiscuit, the entrance would almost certainly be on 1st Street, as that is really where the broad side of the parking lot is. I don't think there is any room for an entrance on the Bay Street side.

I see any development on that site as an improvement over an ugly, eye sore surface parking lot with barbed wire. Hopefully it is architecturally tasteful considering the historic homes around it. Regarding height....considering that footprint, I would think 30 condos would not be more than 8 stories tall.

Regarding the Police Building, the building is going to be RESTORED, not replaced, correct?

since posting, I've learned that the new building is going to blend nicely with the surrounding block (thanks to the tireless oversight by the Harsimus Cove Foundation).

the parking garage will be underground, and the facade will mimic a row of brownstone stoops, to keep that stretch of sidewalk active.

I'm really looking forward to having it on my block. such an improvement over that empty lot (though I will miss how sun-drenched our block is. can't have both, though.)

Posted on: 2013/2/6 17:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Great. It's a nice looking building, looking forward to seeing how it turns out, and also looking forward to some nice retail spaces on that block.

Posted on: 2013/2/6 17:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/16 0:04
Group:
Registered Users
Correct - restored. 16-22 residential | 4 retail/commercial
The interior will consist of two upper floors of residential rental units, with the first floor and basement consisting of four commercial and/or restaurant spaces.

Posted on: 2013/2/6 16:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
JCBiscuit, the entrance would almost certainly be on 1st Street, as that is really where the broad side of the parking lot is. I don't think there is any room for an entrance on the Bay Street side.

I see any development on that site as an improvement over an ugly, eye sore surface parking lot with barbed wire. Hopefully it is architecturally tasteful considering the historic homes around it. Regarding height....considering that footprint, I would think 30 condos would not be more than 8 stories tall.

Regarding the Police Building, the building is going to be RESTORED, not replaced, correct?

Posted on: 2013/2/6 16:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

diamat wrote:
Thought you might like this picture from when the building was new, about 100 years ago :

http://www.jerseycitythenandnow.com/2 ... elegraph-co-building.html

Nice, thanks for sharing.. Never knew there was a store on the corner of the building.

Posted on: 2013/2/6 14:01

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/1/30 20:46
Group:
Registered Users
Thought you might like this picture from when the building was new, about 100 years ago :

http://www.jerseycitythenandnow.com/2 ... elegraph-co-building.html

Posted on: 2013/2/6 5:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Here's a part of that story that deserves further mention:

"Meanwhile, the parking lot behind the police headquarters, was scooped up by Arthur Pronti for $2 million, according to Antonicello. Pronti is building approximately 30 condos on the property."

And will the entrance be on Bay or 1st? We're finally getting years of trash swept up from 1st Street, now that the cops aren't illegally parking there on street cleaning days. I'd hate to next be looking at the backside of a condo tower, with all the dumpster action that entails.

Posted on: 2012/7/6 20:37

"Kitchen Cousins" duo to redevelop Jersey City police headquarters
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
The Jersey City construction firm behind the HGTV reality show ?Kitchen Cousins? has been tapped by a city agency to transform the former police headquarters on Erie Street into 16 rental units.
Brunelleschi Construction, located on Central Avenue, plans to purchase the aging facility for $2 million, and Jersey City Redevelopment Agency Executive Director Bob Antonicello told The Jersey Journal the firm?s rehab of the building may be featured on the show.
?We?re really excited,? Antonicello said, adding, ?The fact that this will be home to 16 families is a good thing.?
The cousins behind the reality show are Anthony Carrino and John Colaneri, who live in the same Jersey City condo building. The show follows the pair as they rehab kitchens across the Garden State.
Brunelleschi did not return a request for comment.Resized ImageJJ

Posted on: 2012/7/6 19:54

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017