Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Running route from Grove Street PATH
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/28 11:18
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks everyone for posting!

Posted on: 2012/11/21 3:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/3/15 20:01
From Downtown - H.P. area
Group:
Registered Users
Kingster - I've got a bunch of routes in the 3-6 mile range in Gmap-pedometer. A couple of them I've had to re-route because of the broken section of boardwalk in front of Avalon Cove, but not by much.

An example for me, which I ran yesterday, starts at Hamilton Park. I run to the Newport waterfront at Pavonia Ave. Then, head south along the water down to Goldman Sachs. Turn the corner and head west on Essex, continuing west on the path following the light rail tracks into Liberty Harbor. Continue through LH to Jersey Ave, just east of Grand St. Right on Jersey back to Hamilton Park. About 4.6 miles.

There are ways you could start/end a similar route from Grove St.

If you know the area, you can plot routes on gmaps or mapmyrun.com. if you're interested, pm me and I'll see if I can link you to my routes.

Posted on: 2012/11/19 13:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/13 14:11
Group:
Registered Users
Similar to what Brewster says: here is about a 7 mile run that is hilly enough (you could drop out parts as needed to make it shorter):

Head up Newark Avenue and hang right on Palisade. Cross over 139 but don't stay on Palisade. Instead go right to follow Hoboken Avenue back down the hill. You will end up on Jersey Avenue. Take a left onto Jersey Avenue and go under the train bridge that says "Hoboken". Then take a left on Patterson Plank Road. Here you have two options: 1) stay on Patterson Plank until you reach 14th Street in Hoboken or 2) hang a left relatively quickly after you get onto Paterson Plank and go up a very windy & hilly road "Hope". That will take you to Ogden, which you then take a right on Ogden until it dead ends. You hang a right and will end up back on Paterson Plank.

Then, depending on the milage you want to do, you either run to the east side of Hoboken before heading down along on the waterfront, or head back to Jersey City at any point along the way. If you take it all the way to Washington St in Hoboken it will be about 7 miles. You can probably cut a mile off pretty easily by going back to Jersey City sooner.

Posted on: 2012/11/19 13:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Frinjc wrote:
You could try to head north on Coles that continues into Hoboken avenue up the Heights, take a right on Palissade, then a right on Franklin down to hoboken and run 1st all the way to the waterfront. There you will have to return via observer highway, and retake the connection to coles. if the walkway by the light rail is open however, you could take it and go as far south as possible, connecting to Washington blv and Columbus for the end. That would be around 5.5 miles.

Another possibility for shorter distance is to go south on Jersey all the way to the washed out bridge. I don't know if you have noticed but right there you can take a left towards a parking lot for the ferry. You can actually run along the marina as you would do in LSP on the other side, then reconnect to the rest of the waterfront walkway right behind the biergarten. Then go north as far as you can before heading home. That should be around 3 miles.

I see a lot of hardcore runners heading up the long climb of Patterson Plank from Hoboken to the Heights. From there you could head back down to Hoboken on 14th, and south via the waterfront path or any street. It would be around 6mi round trip from Grove.

Posted on: 2012/11/19 2:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
You could try to head north on Coles that continues into Hoboken avenue up the Heights, take a right on Palissade, then a right on Franklin down to hoboken and run 1st all the way to the waterfront. There you will have to return via observer highway, and retake the connection to coles. if the walkway by the light rail is open however, you could take it and go as far south as possible, connecting to Washington blv and Columbus for the end. That would be around 5.5 miles.

Another possibility for shorter distance is to go south on Jersey all the way to the washed out bridge. I don't know if you have noticed but right there you can take a left towards a parking lot for the ferry. You can actually run along the marina as you would do in LSP on the other side, then reconnect to the rest of the waterfront walkway right behind the biergarten. Then go north as far as you can before heading home. That should be around 3 miles.

Posted on: 2012/11/19 2:27

Running route from Grove Street PATH
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/28 11:18
Group:
Registered Users
With the pedestrian bridge broken at Liberty State Park, I've been trying out different routes for 3-6 mile runs. I've tried a couple loops along the exchange place waterfront and I ran along the Hudson walkway up toward Hoboken. Any other suggestions?

Posted on: 2012/11/19 1:12

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017