Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
125 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 125

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Dog at holland tunnel on JC side
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/17 12:06
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Oh horrible, poor baby. So sad :(

Thank you Robin for clarifying this story.

Posted on: 2011/8/9 13:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
On August 5th a dog that was offleash and ran away from it's owner. The dog was spotted running at large in the downtown area. Sadly, the dog ran towards the tunnel into traffic. The dog struck and killed. The dog was not dumped, nor had any signs of abuse and involved in dog fighting. The dog was removed by Animal Control at 8:25 am.

Posted on: 2011/8/9 13:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/24 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
I would imagine that the Port Authority has plenty of cameras pointed at the Tunnel traffic. There has to be footage of the car that dumped the dog and perhaps the license plate.

Posted on: 2011/8/9 11:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Don't know how much the Animal Control people can do about stuff like this. I'd be happy if the Feds would get involved in busting these dog-fighting scumbags. The Feds are better at investigation and building a case. As far as the AC people in Hamilton Park? I think it's all for show. I recently had a bike-cop roll right up on me as I was walking my dog off-leash. I was preparing to face the music but instead the cop complimented me on how well-behaved my dog was.

Posted on: 2011/8/9 4:23

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/7 2:45
Group:
Registered Users
No, I heard from someone who saw the aftermath. Was just so upset to hear this.

Posted on: 2011/8/7 1:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Tali wrote:
Apparently a injured pitbull was dumped at the JC entrance to the holland tunnel. Thought to be left to be killed by morning traffic. And unfortunately was. Horrific.

Is it true that dog fighting in JC is still prevalent? Very often the Animal Control vehicle is parked in Hamilton Park. I heard they are looking for dogs that are not in the dog allowed area and if an owner did not bring their dog's tag along. Does this make sense when there is dog fighting going on in our neighborhood and injured dogs ending up in the street?

Dog fighting is a serious crime and hurts JC in many ways. Why this is still going on illustrates its lack of pride in JC and decency and compassion from humankind in general.

Watching dog owners enjoying the park with their pets seems like a waste of tax payers time and money to animal control.

Tali, did you witness someone dumping this dog? How do you know it was injured before it was hit?

Posted on: 2011/8/6 23:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
I hope they clean the dog run in Van Vorst Park it reeked of dog dirt droppings when I was at the farmers market today. I hope Parkman is aware of this.

Posted on: 2011/8/6 21:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
As someone who is in the dogpark twice most days, I have never heard once of someone being stopped.

I also don't have JC tags for my dog (rabies shots yes) and have never been stopped.

Sounds like an excuse for them to hang out in the park. If they're supposed to be stopping people they aren't even doing that.

Posted on: 2011/8/6 17:37

Dog at holland tunnel on JC side

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/7 2:45
Group:
Registered Users
Apparently a injured pitbull was dumped at the JC entrance to the holland tunnel. Thought to be left to be killed by morning traffic. And unfortunately was. Horrific.

Is it true that dog fighting in JC is still prevalent? Very often the Animal Control vehicle is parked in Hamilton Park. I heard they are looking for dogs that are not in the dog allowed area and if an owner did not bring their dog's tag along. Does this make sense when there is dog fighting going on in our neighborhood and injured dogs ending up in the street?

Dog fighting is a serious crime and hurts JC in many ways. Why this is still going on illustrates its lack of pride in JC and decency and compassion from humankind in general.

Watching dog owners enjoying the park with their pets seems like a waste of tax payers time and money to animal control.

Posted on: 2011/8/6 13:44

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017